Pathway Studio comes in two configurations.
Pathway Studio Web can be accessed from all modern browsers. Maintained and operated by Elsevier from a centralized server, the system is always available and provides high-performance.
Pathway Studio Enterprise is available as a cloud application or as installed software on your infrastructure. It comes with Elsevier proprietary text-mining technology powerful application programming interfaces (API) for the integration of Pathway Studio into an existing research infrastructure. This allows companies to better leverage their legacy data and information.
To receive a product demonstration, please Contact Sales
Pathway Studio is offered on an annual subscription basis on a named-user basis, providing you with a username and password that will work anywhere. Alternatively, we offer corporate- or campus-wide Access licenses on a yearly subscription basis that includes user authentication via IP-recognition and has no seat-based delays or budgetary concerns about task-based searches.
Yes. Over 28 million sentences are integrated to support the facts contained in Pathway Studio so that users can check the underlying context of the facts and links to the articles and publications of origin.
The experimental data types supported by Pathway Studio analytical features include:
- Gene expression
- RNA sequencing (RNA-seq)
- DNA variants (Web only)
- Genome-wide association studies
Note that Pathway Studio analytical features support virtually any data that can be expressed in the format of a tab-delimited file with an identifier for the gene, protein, small molecule, disease, etc. together with numerical values.
Pathway Studio Enterprise enables the simultaneous analysis of multiple data types.
Security is one of our biggest concerns. Pathway Studio Web is accessible using a HTTPS protocol. This requires port 443 to be open in a company's firewall. Since this is a standard setting, users should have clear access to Pathway Studio Web from within their company environment.
Pathway Studio Enterprise is natively installed behind your company's firewall, which eliminates access issues.
Yes, Pathway Studio Enterprise supports this workflow.
Please Contact Sales for more information.
Yes. Both Pathway Studio Web and Pathway Studio Enterprise support login accounts for saving imported experiments, analytical results, and pathways.
For Pathway Studio Enterprise, your company's application administrator can create user accounts for access. Alternatively, Pathway Studio Enterprise can be integrated with your company's authentication system such as LDAP or ActiveDirectory.
With Pathway Studio Web, users with CWA access (IP authentication) can use the system in anonymous mode without saving results, or self-register for a login account so that results can be saved.
Pathway Studio can help you analyze your experimental data to understand the biological processes critical to your work.
Download the new CellEffect Fact Sheet (PDF, 1.2 MB)
Download the fact sheet (PDF, 922.8 KB)
Download the fact sheet (Spanish) (PDF, 1.2 MB)
Download the fact sheet (Portuguese) (PDF, 1.2 MB)
Download the fact sheet (Russian) (PDF, 1.2 MB)
Download the fact sheet (Korean) (PDF, 1.2 MB)
Download the ChemEffect fact sheet (PDF, 370.2 KB): Connect the actions of drugs and toxins on cell processes, pathways and disease.
Download the DiseaseFX fact sheet (PDF, 419.5 KB): Integrate molecular facts from clinical research to reveal a basis for the detection and mechanism of disease and therapy.
Download the web security fact sheet (PDF, 967.1 KB): Pathway Studio Web is a comprehensive collection of information with powerful security features to ensure that your research is safe and secure.
Download the Pathway Studio Plant fact sheet (PDF, 342.8 KB): Pathway Studio Plant helps plant biologists address complex crop research challenges by integrating Arabidopsis, Maize and Rice molecular relationship knowledgebase with powerful analytical and visualization tools.
There are different system requirements for Pathway Studio depending on the installation platform. The minimum and recommended technical specifications can be found for each platform at the links below:
Pathway Studio web
IE 9.0 and higher, Chrome or Firefox (last 3-4 years)
Pathway Studio Desktop
Please see this document for the Pathway Studio Desktop system requirements (PDF, 18.8 KB).
For installation information about Pathway Studio Enterprise, please contact your sales representative, since these specifications are variable and dependent on the number of anticipated concurrent users.
Support Log In
Existing Customer? Log into the Pathway Studio product site and click on Support from the menu on the left.
- Solution Story: Merging systems biology & chemistry to streamline the quest for natural, active agents
- When scientists at Oriflame’s Skin Research Institute needed to find new targets and active natural ingredients quickly, they turned to Pathway Studio and Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry, which helped them to do the work in half the time. Read the solution story
- Solution Story: The importance of selecting the most promising drug target
- Identifying and prioritizing potential drug targets using Pathway Studio. Download solution story: The importance of selecting the most promising drug target
- Solution Story: Pharmaceutical Target Discovery Group
- Identifying promising targets for anti-melanoma immunotherapeutics requires answering several complex biological questions. With Pathway Studio, researchers can find answers to these complex biological questions rapidly - often in less than 20 minutes. Download white paper: Selecting the best immunotherapy targets
- White Paper: Enabling Immunology Research: Research with a Cell-Centered Database
- Immune systems play a role in the prevention, progression and potential treatments of cancer. But due to the complexity involved, understanding the underlying biology is difficult. Learn how new text-mining tools can help researchers find and aggregate data and address these challenges. Download white paper: Enabling Immunology Research: Research with a Cell-Centered Database (PDF, 4.9 MB)
- Customer Story: How a Neuroscience Researcher Evolved from Electrophysiology to Systems Biology
- A neuroscience researcher used Pathway Studio to scour the literature about changes associated with neurodegenerative diseases, and shed new light on changes occurring in neuroreceptor synapses in those patients. Download Customer Story: How a Neuroscience Researcher Evolved from Electrophysiology to Systems Biology (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Customer Story: Pioneering Personalized Options for Cancer Patients
- A small oncology practice uses Pathway Studio to offer personalized cancer treatments to late-stage patients, and alter their prognoses. Download Customer Story: Pioneering Personalized Options for Cancer Patients (PDF, 591.5 KB)
- Customer Story: A Theoretical Chemist Builds Biological Networks
- A theoretical chemist uses Pathway Studio to study a wide range of disorders, searching for commonalities in biological processes. Download Customer Story: A Theoretical Chemist Builds Biological Networks (PDF, 583.7 KB)
- Customer Story: Plotting the Pathways in an Invasive Plant Species
- A plant physiologist with the USDA’s Agricultural Research Service uses Pathway Studio to expand our understanding of plant responses to stress and dormancy. Download Customer Story: Plotting the Pathways in an Invasive Plant Species (PDF, 594.9 KB)
- Customer Story: Pathway Diagrams Offer a New Paradigm for Disease Research
- A research scientist, who maintains the Rat Genome Database, uses Pathway Studio to make that data more accessible through customized pathway diagrams. Download Customer Story: Pathway Diagrams Offer a New Paradigm for Disease Research (PDF, 594.7 KB)
- Case Study: Understanding Cancer Processes in Pathway Studio
- Elsevier supported an oncologist’s work using Pathway Studio to map molecular profiles and identify druggable pathways. Download Case Study: Understanding Cancer Processes in Pathway Studio (PDF, 601.2 KB)
- White Paper: Modeling Drug-Induced Liver Toxicity: A Case Study for Pathway Analysis
- Pathway analysis can create complex, predictive mechanistic models of biological processes, providing novel insights to researchers and helping them direct the course of their studies. Discover how, in this white paper on drug-induced cholestasis. Download White Paper: Modeling Drug-Induced Liver Toxicity: A Case Study for Pathway Analysis (PDF, 613.9 KB)
- White Paper: Creating in silico Disease Models
- In silico modeling is a unique approach that helps researchers to visualize relevant data retrieved from scientific literature in search of potential new drug targets. In this white paper, discover how this ‘connectionist’ approach allows researchers to rapidly develop and confirm hypotheses. Download White Paper: Creating in silico Disease Models (PDF, )
- White Paper: Getting to the Roots
- Improving rubber tree crop production is a key objective for industry because of its polymer’s high elasticity, flexibility and resilience. However, pathogens, allergenicity and fungal diseases are major threats. In this white paper, discover how informatics solutions like Pathway Studio can support improved methodologies to streamline investigations. Download White Paper: Getting to the Roots (PDF, 712.8 KB)
- White Paper: Understanding Plant Responses to Infection, Using Pathway Studio
- Plant researchers looking to biologically improve crop yields and disease resistance need new tools to guide breeding programs. In this white paper, discover how access to a comprehensive plant database with sophisticated analytical tools can identify potentially important target proteins to combat rice blast. Download White Paper: Understanding Plant Responses to Infection, Using Pathway Studio (PDF, 619.5 KB)
- Customer Story: Understanding Autophagy in Cancer
- A researcher at a major cancer center uses compares Pathway Studio to other tools to get a complete picture of Autophagy in cancer. Download Customer Story: Understanding Autophagy in Cancer (PDF, 573.0 KB)
Get more industry thought-leadership and insights.