Mendeley Data resources for librarians
Welcome to the Librarian Toolkit for promoting Mendeley Data and general Research Data Management (RDM) practices to your library users, especially researchers.
This toolkit was designed to save you time in promoting trainings and awareness of RDM and Mendeley Data within your institution.
Do you want to deepen your engagement with the research lifecycle of your institution?
The Research Data Management Librarian Academy (RDMLA) is a free online programwhich is the result of a successful partnership between a LIS academic program, academic health sciences and research libraries, and Elsevier.
This Academy is a terrific way for individuals to acquire knowledge about data-related services librarians can offer to their researchers. Experiences of those who have implement data services are shared as well as key lessons learned. One can take the units at their own pace and earn a certificate to indicate to future employers their skill development in RDM.
Jean Shipman MSLS, VP, Global Library Relations, Elsevier
Watch our latest webcasts about effective RDM
Hear how other institutions are implementing RDM and discover how Mendeley Data may be able to help you.
What’s in the toolkit?
Outreach materials, training assets and promotional pieces to help you:
Build greater awareness of Mendeley Data and how it can help users meet their research data management needs
Educate users of Mendeley Data’s continually improving features, where to find them, and how to use them
Deliver maximum value to your institution
Content to help raise awareness
- Mendeley Data Logo: to add to internal presentations, trainings or other content assets
- Promotional flyer: providing a high-level introduction to Mendeley Data
- Infographic (print version): sharing five facts about research data management from Elsevier
- Poster templates: to print, email or digitally share on your intranet to raise RDM awareness
- Email template: send this out to your user base.
- Article template: to tell users about the launch of Mendeley Data and its benefits.
- Social media posts: share these suggested posts via your social media channels
User training and support
- Poster template: to print, email or share digitally to encourage training attendance
- RDM with Mendeley Data: this deck can be used to help explain the value of RDM and Mendeley Data
- Social media posts: to promote training attendance
- Testimonials: from current Mendeley Data users and members of Elsevier’s Research Data Management advisory board