Mendeley Data: superior data management for researchers
Researchers hardly need convincing of the importance of their research data, but some might not be fully aware of the benefits of sharing that detailed information with the wider community.
- Increased exposure and impact
- Early exposure of data heightens the visibility and impact of research, which has a positive influence on credit, citations and prestige.
- Faster dissemination of research
- Access to research data helps accelerate the dissemination of research, increasing the visibility of results and even driving extensive discussions.
- Public validation of results
- In these times of increased focus on research integrity and accountability, data sharing provides the means for public validation of research results.
- Increased collaboration
- Shared data is an important aspect of collaboration, as it supports the open exchange of views on analysis and interpretation and facilitates the repetition of experiments.
- Improved project management
- Implementing best practices for data management helps projects run more efficiently, with easier progress tracking. It also mitigates against the risk of lost or corrupted data.
Hear from our users
It's a smooth process, easy to access and reference.
Paul Norman, Lecturer in Population and Health Geography at the University of Leeds
It is an easy, secure and highly convenient platform for researchers to publish data.
Alam Noor, Graduate Student at Harbin Institute of Technology
It’s provided me with a place to publish datasets that otherwise wouldn’t be published. All my data comes from CUREs and aren’t attached to major journal articles or large universities that utilize other paid storage sites.
Joseph Felts, Professor and Davidson County Community College
How Mendeley delivers
Combining our experience as a publisher and a digital solutions provider, Elsevier understands how to embed research data in researcher workflows, making this valuable information accessible, discoverable and reusable. Elsevier also applies metrics that enable both researchers and institutions to gauge progress toward compliance and performance goals. Through our publishing processes, we work with researchers to provide a strong practical example of how data exposure along with published papers can augment the quality, transparency and impact of their research.
A collection of peer-reviewed, open access journals that make data, software, materials and methods available for discovery, reuse and citation.
- Leverages peer review to increase the credibility of key research output normally excluded from traditional journals, making them more controllable and replicable
- Facilitates the discoverability of data, software, materials and methods, promoting their visibility to peers, funders and faculty review panels
- Fosters collaboration opportunities
- Facilitates transparency and reproducibility through the entire research cycle
A dedicated functionality designed to connect datasets in repositories with research articles on ScienceDirect.
- Promotes discovery and open accessibility of research data
- Provides bidirectional links between any data repository and online articles on ScienceDirect
- Provides one-click access to relevant, trusted data that validates research or drives further investigations
Data Search enables researchers to search for different data types and formats across a multitude of domain-specific and cross-domain repositories. It currently indexes over 10 million datasets and connects to over 35 repositories.
- Provides a single access portal for data discovery across repositories and data sources
- Makes data from heterogeneous repositories and fields discoverable, as endorsed by FAIR
- Provides access to a broad pool of data, including figures and tables from journals and repositories
- Supports quick browsing to evaluate interesting datasets without having to go into detail