Superior drug data for all areas of healthcare
Superior technology and content equip Gold Standard Drug Database to meet today’s – and tomorrow’s – drug information needs for customers across the healthcare spectrum.
Hospitals and healthcare facilities
With Gold Standard Drug Database integrated into your organization’s EHR, CPOE, pharmacy and other information systems, you can realize benefits at the point of care and enterprise wide. Gold Standard Drug Database will help you adhere to medication treatment core measures and guidelines—protecting against sub-par outcomes and readmissions—while improving knowledge for providers and patients.
- Integrate evidence-based, actionable drug content directly into users’ workflow
- Inform clinical staff on drug selection, effects and possible adverse events for drug safety
- Counsel patients on their drug regimens and disease management to boost CMS HCAHPS Star Ratings and compliance
- Build clinically and financially sound formularies
- Evaluate drug use patterns and outcomes
- Provide the right level of detail for different types of users (e.g., physicians, pharmacists, nurses, patients)
Content sets for hospitals & healthcare facilities include: Drug Product Suite, Drug Pricing Suite, Drug Image File, Reference Suite, Decision Support Suite, Prescriber Order Entry Suite, and Patient Education Suite.
Healthcare technology companies
Your customers depend on the drug data you supply to ensure patient safety. Gold Standard Drug Database’s integrated data with TRUE Daily Updates™ supports you in protecting healthcare providers from making misinformed—and potentially harmful and costly—drug therapy decisions.
- Boost the value of your business with a technologically advanced drug data upgrade
- Empower your users to make confident drug decisions and optimize patient safety
- Leverage Elsevier’s data and technology to cut your development time and costs
- Choose from an array of content integration packages to fit your current and future needs
- Make your solution more interoperable with Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs to meet controlled substance regulations
- Increase customer retention through higher satisfaction with your content offering
Content sets for health technology companies include: Drug Product Suite, Drug Pricing Suite, Drug Image File, Reference Suite, Decision Support Suite, Prescriber Order Entry Suite, and Patient Education Suite
Community pharmacies face dual challenges in their corporate boardrooms and retail stores. Rising cost pressures and complex contracts squeeze the bottom line, while customer-facing staff is overloaded with patients who need safe, efficient and prompt care. Gold Standard Drug Database is your solution to improve both business and clinical outcomes.
- Maintain adherence to treatment guidelines and screen for potentially harmful drug events
- Confirm appropriate medication dispensing
- Confidently and quickly answer drug questions from physicians and patients
- Provide patient-friendly drug information for use at home, in store or online
- Boost pharmacy productivity to free up time for consultative patient care
- Improve financial performance with tools to ensure fair reimbursements, deal with outliers and improve contract negotiations
- Smooth billing processes with the most current and accurate drug data
Content sets for community pharmacies include:Drug Product Suite, Drug Pricing Suite, Drug Image File, Reference Suite, Decision Support Suite, and Patient Education Suite.
Payers and PBMs
Fast-breaking industry changes impel health plans and other payers to rethink strategies for rising medication costs, customer satisfaction and consumer health. As the drug price leader, Elsevier supports our customers with solutions to help them navigate through market volatility, maintain transparency and achieve cost savings.
- Increase provider and member satisfaction with value-add medication reference and consumer driven health services
- Use evidence-based drug content to better manage patients with chronic diseases and complex medical needs
- Optimize medication therapy management programs and drive patient adherence
- Achieve medication-use measures outlined in the CMS Star Ratings system
- Solve reimbursement challenges with the most versatile and complete drug file
- Analyze pricing trends to set purchasing strategies and negotiate contracts
- Develop and manage advantageous formularies
- Conduct DUR for better resource allocation and improved drug therapy for patients
- Identify areas to streamline claims adjudication
Content sets for payers and pharmacy benefit managers include:Drug Product Suite, Drug Pricing Suite, Drug Image File, Reference Suite, Decision Support Suite, and Patient Education Suite
Drug companies and wholesalers
The stakes are high for drug companies as they advance from product development to production and pricing. To gain and maintain a competitive edge, they must keep a vigilant eye on market conditions, new products and drug pricing trends. Elsevier’s drug pricing solutions supply critical intelligence to help drug companies make key business decisions.
- Price drugs to market and manage your brand
- View historical pricing trends for benchmarking and forecasting
- Understand the market view of drug pricing
- Track competitors’ price movements
- Gain insight for contract development and negotiation
- Compare and analyze drug therapy costs
Content sets for drug companies and wholesalers include:Drug Product Suite, Drug Pricing Suite, and Reference Suite
Gold Standard Drug Database provides government agencies acting as payers with quality drug information to make informed decisions for better clinical and financial outcomes, including drug abuse prevention.
- Manage audits, reviews and state & federal drug regulations
- Control budget by streamlining the claims adjudication process
- Improve population health by engaging members to self-manage chronic conditions
- Use drug product, pricing and clinical data to fortify government audits and reviews
- Help stakeholders stay current on PDMPs and government guidelines regarding controlled substances
- Contain costs and ensure appropriate reimbursements (see Drug Pricing and Analysis solutions)
- Produce fair and transparent cost-based reimbursements
- Reduce overall generic drug spend while maintaining a positive relationship with the pharmacy network
- Balance and optimize state maximum allowable cost (SMAC) price lists
- Reduce costs by streamlining the process for price setting
- Measure and demonstrate reimbursement pricing quality using existing generic effective rate (GER) methodologies
Content sets for government entities include: Drug Product Suite, Drug Pricing Suite, Reference Suite, Decision Support Suite, and Patient Education Suite
Learn how Elsevier's Gold Standard Drug Database can support your organization's compliance, patient engagement and cost reduction efforts.