Your Elsevier team
As an Elsevier editor, you can benefit from the skills, knowledge and expertise of our staff in various departments and roles. Here is your primary support team at Elsevier.
- Your primary contact
- Responsible for the strategy and overall success of the journal
- Appoints and replaces editors and Editorial Board members
- Provides you with updates on key performance indicators, journal statistics and analyses, and arranges meetings
- Sets the future journal strategy, in consultation with you and the rest of the editorial board, and ensures that it is acted upon.
- Does desk and field research on market trends and competition.
- Communicates publishing policies and procedures, and new developments.
- Arranges the journal’s finances, including your payments.
- Officially invites or retires editors and Editorial Board members.
- Provides key performance information, such as editorial statistics, ScienceDirect downloads, citation information, author satisfaction research results, and publication times. They use this information to prepare reports for meetings with you and the Editorial Board, and will also arrange these meetings.
- Develops plans for special issues and/or supplements with you and the Editorial Board.
- Guides and supports you in the event in the event of a publishing ethics allegation.
- Offers expert advice and supports when you are asked questions in your role as an editor about scholarly communications and journal publishing policies.
- Acts as your primary point of contact.
- Your contact for all production-related matters and submission system queries.
- Responsible for ensuring articles are typeset, corrected, and published in a timely fashion.
- Provides you with support throughout the production process.
- Interacts with authors, editors and reviewers, and is the single point of contact for their respective journal portfolios during the entire end-to-end process.
Publishing Content Specialist
- Your contact for special issues.
- Responsible for managing the publication process for special content.
- Sets up the editorial system in preparation for article submission for special issues.
- Provides you with guidance, timelines and status updates.
- Your contact for marketing.
- Jointly responsible with your Publisher for the journal’s marketing strategy.
- Implements marketing plans increasing the journal's profile and evaluating results.
- Provides you with annual marketing updates.