Innovations in radiology post COVID19
11 June 2020, 8PM ( SGT), 1 PM (BST), 530 (IST)
- COVID-19 pandemic has taught doctors and radiologists that there will be a constant evolution of standard operating procedures, whereby scheduling, personnel protection, disinfection, rostering, contact tracing, isolation and quarantine are now omnipresent in healthcare practices.
- Two key learnings that will be reflected in every day practice include:
- Safety for our people, patients and the extended world around the patients and healthcare workers.
- Flexibility, which refers to the changing environment that countries are seeing the disease exist, grow, and spread in the region.
- This allows them to innovate on the fly and provide the two important things that healthcare service has to do globally:
- Provide access to Radiology services to both patients with and without COVID
- Ensure the timeliness in providing the services so that patients remain healthy and recover.
- During COVID, we need to recognize that environments change dramatically, and thus pivot quickly to change the way we practice. Moving forward, there will be:
- Increased focus on improved safety for patients and personnel through the democratization of knowledge.
- Greater deployment of diagnostic equipment closer to patients so that instant diagnosis can be made, and treatment is made more effective.
- Accelerated integration of AI to the routine workflow to ensure safety and effectiveness are on track.
- Improved communications throughout the delivery of services to help proactively push communications to the patient and ensure everyone is kept safe.
- Overall, COVID has helped to accelerate adoption of technology, allowed them to be nimbler, and experiment with unknown enemy. However, more importantly will be the need to figure out how to make healthcare more economically viable in view of the shrinking global economy.
Register your interest to receive a copy of the insight report
Speaker: Dr. Bharat Aggarwal, Senior Director, Radiology Services MAX Healthcare, India
Dr. Bharat Aggarwal, MBBS, MD, DNB currently working Senior Director, Radiology Services, at MAX Healthcare. He is also Promoter, Director and Lead Radiologist at Diwan Chand Medical Services Private Limited and Diwan Chand Aggarwal Imaging Research Center for 16 years
MBBS - University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University;
MD, DMRD - Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai University;
DNB - National Board of Examination
- Promoter, Director and Lead Radiologist at Diwan Chand Medical Services Private Limited and Diwan Chand Aggarwal Imaging Research Center for 16 years
- Part of Radiology Education Foundation; has more than 40 publications to his credit in various national & international journals
- Promotes Research and Development in the field of Radiology, Deep Learning and Healthcare Devices through investigator led studies, industry collaboration and strategic tie ups with healthcare device, healthcare IT and Healthcare Deep Learning companies
- Leads Training, Continued education and examiner ship (National Board of Examination) for Radiology Residents, Technologists
- Visiting Radiologist, Central hospital, Northern Railways (2000-01)
- Co-founder AMBER Emergency Healthcare Technology Platform - India equivalent of 911 services (2013-2016)
- Indian Radiological & Imaging Association
- Radiological Society of North America
- American College of Radiology
- Indian College of Radiology and Imaging
- Indian Society of Pediatric Radiology
- Medical Council of India, Delhi Medical Council, Delhi Medical Association, Indian Medical Association: Academy of Medical Specialties