Table of Contents
- Preface. Nomenclature. Phase Behaviour Fundamentals. Reservoir Fluid Composition. Phase Behaviour. Pure compound. Corresponding states. Multicomponent mixture. Classification of Reservoir Fluids. Dry gas. Wet gas. Gas condensate. Volatile oil. Black oil. References. Exercises. PVT Tests and Correlations. Fluid Sampling. Well preparation. Sample collection. PVT Tests 38. Dry gas. Wet gas. Black oil. Gas condensate. Volatile oil. Emperical Correlations. Black oil. (Bubble point pressure. Gas in solution. Oil formation volume factor. Total formation volume factor. Oil density. Oil viscosity). Natural gas. (Volumetric data. Gas viscosity). Formation water. (Water content of hydrocarbon phase. Hydrocarbon solubility in water. Water formation volume factor. Compressibility of water. Water density. Water viscosity). References. Exercises. Phase Equilibria. Criteria for Equilibrium. Chemical potential. Fugacity. Activity. Equilibrium Ratio. Raoult's law. Henry's law. Emperical correlations. References. Exercises. Equations of State.Viral EOS and its Modifications. Starling-Benedict-Webb-Rubin EOS. Cubic Equations of State. Two-parameter EOS. (Soave-Redlich-Kwong EOS. Peng-Robinson EOS. Volume shift). Three-parameter EOS. (Schmidt-Wenzel EOS, Patel-Teja EOS). Attracting term temperature dependency. Mixing Rules. Random mixing rules. Non-random mixing rules. References. Exercises. Phase Behaviour Calculations. Vapour-Liquid Equilibrium Calculations. Root selection. Rapid flash calculations. Stability Analysis. Stability limit. Critical Point Calculations. Compositional Grading. Equilibrium assumption. Non-equilibrium fluids. Heat of transport. Significance. References. Exercises. Fluid Characterisation. Experimental Methods. Distillation. Gas chromatography. Critical properties. Lee-Kesler correlations. Riazi-Daubert correlations. Perturbation expansion correlations. Description of Fluid Heavy End. Single carbon number function. Continuous description. Direct application. References. Exercises. Gas Injection. Miscibility Concepts. Miscibility in Real Reservoir Fluids. Experimental Studies. Slim tube. Rising bubble apparatus. Contact experiments. Prediction of Miscibility Conditions. First contact miscibility. Vaporising gas drive. Condensing-vaporising gas drive. References. Exercises. Interfacial Tension. Measurement Methods. Prediction of Interfacial Tension. Parachor method. Corresponding states correlation. Comparison of predictive methods. Water-Hydrocarbon Interfacial Tension. References. Exercises. Application in Reservoir Simulation. Grouping. Group selection. Group properties. Composition retrieval. Comparison of EOS. Phase composition. Saturation pressure. Density. Gas and liquid volumes. Robustness. Tuning of EOS. Fluid characterisation. Selection of EOS. Experimental data. Selection of regression variables. Limits of tuned parameters. Methodology. Dynamic Validation of Model. Relative permeability function. Viscosity prediction. Implementation. Evaluation of Reservoir Fluid Samples. References.Exercises. Appendices. Index.
- No. of pages: 400
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1998
- Published: May 7, 1998
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444821966
- eBook ISBN: 9780080540054
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
(Total rating for all reviews)
Mike Fri Oct 05 2018
Excellent advanced book about PVT of hydrocarbon mixtures
This book is recommended for advanced PVT. Please study fundamentals before reading this book.
PavelDeliia Mon Jun 25 2018
Nice book, with limited explanation
Nice book, with limited explanation of results.