Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to sustainability and the textile supply chain and its environmental impact
2. Ways of measuring the environmental impact of textile processing: an overview
3. Textile processing and greenhouse gas emissions: Methods for calculating the product carbon footprint of textile products
4. Calculating the water and energy footprints of textile products
5. Textile processing and resource depletion: calculating the ecological footprint of textile products
6. Estimating the overall environmental impact of textile processing: life cycle assessment of textile products
7. Life cycle assessment and product carbon footprint modelling of textile products
8. End-of-life management of textile products
9. Measuring the environmental impact of textiles in practice: calculating the product carbon footprint and life cycle assessment of particular textile products
10. Assessing the environmental impact of textiles: summary and conclusions
Assessing the Environmental Impact of Textiles and the Clothing Supply Chain, Second Edition, is a fully updated, practical guide on how to identify and respond to environmental challenges across the supply chain. This new edition features updates to important data on environmental impacts and their measurements, the sustainable use of water and electricity, and new legislation, standards and schemes. Chapters provide an introduction to the textile supply chain and an overview of the methods used to measure environmental impacts, including greenhouse gas emissions, water and energy footprints, and a lifecycle assessment (LCA) on environmental impacts.
This book will be a standard reference for R&D managers in the textile industry and academic researchers in textile science.
- Provides a holistic view of the sustainability issues that affect the textile value chain
- Explains ways to calculate the textile industry’s use of resources, its impact on global warming, and the pollution and waste it generates
- Reviews key methods for the reduction of the environmental impact of textile products and how they are implemented in practice
- Includes methods for calculating product carbon footprints (PCFs), ecological footprints (EFs) and lifecycle assessments (LCA)
Sustainability managers and life cycle assessment professionals in the textiles and fashion sector
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 27th March 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Subramanian Senthilkannan Muthu holds a PhD in Textiles Sustainability from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He is well known for his contributions in the field and has extensive academic and industrial experience. He has got an extensive publication list of over 70 scientific books and over 85 research publications to his credit. He is currently Director & Head of Sustainability for SgT & API, based in Hong Kong. He has over a decade's working experience in the area of Textiles & Clothing sustainability. He has worked with Industries in Asia and Europe for various Sustainability aspects. He is an Editor, Editorial Board member and a Reviewer for many international peer-reviewed journals in textiles and environmental sciences. He is one of the Directors of the Textile and Bioengineering Informatics Society (TBIS), a charitable organization created to foster, develop, and promote all aspects of science and technology in bioengineering of materials, fibers and textiles. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal Textiles and Clothing Sustainability, published by Springer Nature.
Director & Head of Sustainability, SgT & API, Hong Kong
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.