Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Towards Sustainable Chemical Processes describes a comprehensive framework for sustainability assessment, design and the processes optimization of chemical engineering. Beginning with the analysis and assessment in the early stage of chemical products’ initiating, this book focuses on the combination of science sustainability and process system engineering, involving mathematical models, industrial ecology, circular economy, energy planning, process integration and sustainability engineering.
All chapters throughout answered two fundamental questions in depth: (1) what tools and models are available to be used to assess and design sustainable chemical processes, (2) what the core theories and concepts are to get into the sustainable chemical process fields. Therefore, Towards Sustainable Chemical Processes is an indispensable guide for chemical engineers, researchers, students, practitioners and consultants in sustainability related area.
- Provides innovative, novel and comprehensive methods and models for sustainability assessment, design and optimization, and synthesis and integration of chemical engineering processes
- Combines sustainability science with process system engineering
- Integrates mathematical models, industrial ecology, circular economy, energy planning, process integration and sustainability engineering
- Includes new case studies related to renewable energy, resource management, process synthesis and process integration
Chemical engineers and researchers focusing on technology and process development; practitioners and consultants in sustainability related areas; students in chemical engineering who need to learn skills related to sustainability
Part 1: Sustainability Assessment and Analysis
1. Sustainability Assessment in Chemical Product and Process Design During Early Design Stages
2. Optimization and Decision-making models for Sustainable Tri-generation Systems
3. Techno-Economic Assessment of an Integrated Bio-oil Steam Reforming and Hydrodeoxygenation System for Polygeneration of Hydrogen, Chemicals and Combined Heat and Power Production
4. Risk and Resilience Analysis of Integrated Biorefineries using Input-output Modeling
5. Advanced integrated systems for hydrogen production, storage and utilization
Part 2: Sustainability Design and Optimization
6. Energy System Optimization
7. Sustainable Utilization of low-grade heat
8. Sustainable Design of Industrial area-wide layout design
9. Sustainable Design of Cooling Water System
10. Pinch Analysis
11. Model-based Synthesis and Monte Carlo Simulation of Biochar-based Carbon Management Networks
Part 3: Sustainable manufacturing via hybridization and modularization
12. Frontiers of Sustainable Manufacturing: hybridization and modularization
13. Hybrid Processes for Sustainable Liquids Production from Lignite, Natural Gas and Biomass
14. Hybrid Processes for Sustainable chemicals production from Shale Gas and Ethanol
15. Modular Chemicals Manufacturing from Shale Gas
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 2nd July 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Jingzheng Ren, Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong SAR, P.R. China Dr. Jingzheng Ren is also Adjunct Associate Professor at University of Southern Denmark. His research mainly focuses on operations management for energy, environment, and sustainability, including multicriteria decision-making methods, life cycle sustainability assessment, process system engineering, artificial intelligence and circular economy, etc. He has published more than 140 journal papers, 7 edited books and 30 book chapters. Many of his papers have been selected as the Essential Science Indicators top 1% highly cited papers or identified and highlighted as the Key Scientific Article contributing to the excellence in energy research.
Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Yufei Wang is an associate professor in Collage of Chemical Engineering and Environment, China University of Petroleum. He expertise in design, optimization and synthesis of various Energy System using Process Integration technologies. He serves as Editorial Board of three Chinese Journals, and Guest Editors of several international Journals. Till now, he has edited two books focusing on Energy saving and its application in real industry and published over 70 journal papers and book chapters.
Associate Professor, School of Chemical Engineering, China University of Petroleum, Beijing, China
Chang He is an associate professor in School of materials science and engineering, Sun Yat-Sen University. His research interests lie at the interface of chemical engineering and applied mathematics. He has published 50+ papers and book chapters.
Associate Professor, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.