- Written in accessible style from an experienced practitioner’s point of view
- Draws on the author’s experience of moving between different LIS sectors having worked in the private and public sector
- Draws on the author’s experience of successfully moving and adapting skills from a career in another industry sector
Table of Contents
- Part 1 The backbone - Skip this at your peril: Your LIS career I presume? It’s all about you; Check out the view – the LIS landscape. Part 2 Everyday tools for taking charge of your career: Tips for keeping up with business as usual and managing change; Making the time for managing your career; Taking charge using project management as a tool. Part 3 Different stages of your career: Career breaks; Starting out, making it count; Managing and leading; Going it alone – being an independent information professional. Part 4 Complete framework for personal strategic planning: Personal strategic planning.
- No. of pages: 266
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2009
- Published: June 15, 2009
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781780630106
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Taking Charge of Your Career"