Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part I - Dual-Stimuli Responsive Polymers
1. Redox and pH-responsive polymeric nanocarriers
2. Magnetic and pH-responsive polymeric nanocarriers
3. Temperature and pH dual-stimuli responsivepolymeric carriers for drug delivery
4. Dual-nanosystems with thermal and magnetic stimuli-responses: In vivo current advances
Part II - Multi-Stimuli Responsive Polymers
5. Multi-responsive polymeric carriers
6. Multi-stimuli-responsive magnetic assemblies
Part III - Stimuli Responsive Polymers for Theranostic Applications
7. Smart Internal and External Stimulus-Responsive Nanocarriers for Image-guided Therapy and Drug Delivery Applications
8. Stimuli-responsive polymers for image-guided therapeutic applications
9. Polymeric nanoblends as biomedical nanocarriers: current developments and preclinical investigations
Part IV - Stimuli Responsive Drug Delivery Systems
10. Ionic-strength responsive polymers for drug delivery applications
11. Dual and multi-stimuli responsive block copolymers for drug delivery applications
12. Stimuli-responsive polymeric micelles for intracellular and extracellular drug delivery
13. Stimuli-responsive polymer-modified liposomes and their application to DDS
14. Thermo-responsive polymers for drug delivery applications
15. Carbon nanotubes for drug delivery
16. Stimuli-Responsive polymersomes for Drug Delivery Applications
Part V - Stimuli Responsive Polymers for Cancer Therapy
17. Stimuli-responsive polymersomes for cancer therapy
18. Responsive Polymeric micelles for Drug Delivery Applications/ Cancer Therapy
Part VI - Stimuli Responsive Polymers for Therapeutic Applications
19. Stimuli-responsive polymers for oral drug delivery applications
20. Stimuli-responsive polymers for ocular therapy
21. Stimuli-responsive polymers for treatment of Diabetes Mellitus
22. Stimuli-responsive polymers for oral insulin delivery
23. Stimuli-responsive Polysaccharides for Colon Targeted Drug Delivery
Part VII - Future Trends and Challenges
24. Future trends, challenges and opportunities with responsive polymer-based drug delivery systems
Stimuli Responsive Polymeric Nanocarriers for Drug Delivery Applications: Volume Two: Advanced Nanocarriers for Therapeutics discusses, in detail, the recent trends in designing dual and multi-responsive polymers and nanoparticles for safe drug delivery. Chapters cover dual-responsive polymeric nanocarriers for drug delivery and their different stimuli, multi-responsive polymeric nanocarriers, and the therapeutic applications of stimuli-responsive polymers. With an emphasis on advanced medical applications and synergistic operational and technological methodologies for the improvement of polymers systems for the production of stimuli-responsive polymers, this book is essential reading for materials scientists and researchers working in the drug delivery and pharmaceutical industries.
As innovation and development in the area of stimuli responsive polymer-based nanomaterials for drug delivery is moving fast and there is an increased global demand for biodegradable and biocompatible responsive polymers and nanoparticles for safe drug delivery, users will find this to be a timely resource.
- Focusses on the most advanced technologies, recent evaluation methods, technical aspects, and advanced synthesis techniques stimuli-responsive polymers
- Examines advanced medical applications of stimuli responsive polymers
- Analyzes synergistic operational and technological methodologies for the improvement of polymer systems for the production of stimuli-responsive polymers in drug delivery
Materials scientists, pharmaceutical scientists and biomedical engineers based at universities, national labs, and medical device companies
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 29th October 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Abdel Salam Hamdy Makhlouf is a Professor of Materials Science and Technology in the Central Metallurgical Research and Development Institute, and a Consultant and Expert Reviewer for several international companies, funding agencies and universities, and Advisor Editor for Elsevier, USA. He has won numerous national and international prestigious awards including Humboldt Research Award for Experienced Scientists at Max Planck Institute, Germany, Fulbright Visiting Scholar, NSF Fellow, and Dept. of Energy Fellow, USA, Belgian Federal Science Research Fellowship, Arab Youth Excellence Award in Innovation, Shoman Award in Engineering Science, National Prize of Egypt in Advanced Science and Technology, Egyptian Prize of Excellence in Surface Technology and Corrosion, Egyptian Prize of Excellence and Innovation in Materials Science and their Applications 2009, and An-Najah Prize for Research. Dr. Makhlouf is the editor of 13 books, 20 book chapters and over 180 articles. He is Senior Editor of Insciences Journal, Nanotechnology Section. He supervised and graduated 10 PhD and Master’s students, and 3 postdoctoral fellows. He is also a member of the European Science Foundation College of Expert Reviewers, an Expert Evaluator for the EU’s FP7, expert for the German Ministry of Education and Research, reviewer for the German Academic Exchange Service, and expert for the German Aerospace Center. He is a reviewer and panelist for the NSF programs: MME, MEP, and CREST, and a reviewer for the US Fulbright Commission, the Qatar Foundation, the Kuwait Foundation, and the National Centre of Science and Technology Evaluation, Kazakhstan.
Professor of Materials Science and Technology, Central Metallurgical Research and Development Institute, and International Metallurgical Consultant and Expert
Dr. Nedal Abu-Thabit holds a Ph.D. in chemistry with specialization in polymer chemistry. Currently, Dr. Nedal is an associate professor in the Chemical & Process Engineering Technology department at Jubail Industrial College. Since 2013, he holds the position of the Program Director for Polymer Engineering Technology major. Dr. Nedal has published more than 20 research articles and reviews in refereed journals, 5 book chapters and 2 patents. His research interests in the areas of polymer synthesis, polymer post-functionalization, synthesis of functional polyelectrolytes for fuel cells applications, water sterilization using nanomaterials, synthesis of electrically conducting polymers for sensing applications, preparation of conductive hydrogels and conductive textiles; and isolation of biopolymers from natural sources. In addition, Dr. Nedal has contributed with many articles in the area of educational polymer chemistry.
Associate Professor and Course Director of the Polymer Division, Department of Chemical and Process Engineering Technology, Jubail Industrial College, Saudi Arabia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.