* Careful organisation of the new edition enables readers to access the information they require
* Brand new chapters focus on monitoring control systems and HiMSEN engines.
* Over 270 high quality, clearly labelled illustrations and figures to aid understanding and help engineers quickly identify what they need to know.
Marine engineers studying for Coastguard/Merchant Mariner Licences and Certificates of Competency, QMED courses (Qualified Member of Engineering Department) and other Standards for Training, Certification and Watch Keeping (STCW) related qualifications; serving marine officers.
Table of Contents
- Theory and general principles; Exhaust emissions and control; Fuels and lubes; Performance; Engine and Plant selection; Pressure charging; Fuel injection; Low speed engines introduction; MAN B&W low speed engines; Mitsubishi low speed engines; (Sulzer) low speed engines; Burmeister & Wain, MAN and Doxford low speed engine chapters; Four-stroke engines introduction; Dual fuel and gas engines; Allen medium speed engines; Alpha Diesel medium speed engines; Caterpillar; HiMSEN engines; Deutz; MaK medium speed engines; MAN medium speed engines; Rolls-Royce Bergen medium speed engines; SEMT-Pielstick engines; Sulzer medium speed engines; Wartsila medium speed engines; Other medium speed engines; Low speed four-stroke trunk piston engines; High speed engines; Gas turbines:
- No. of pages: 928
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 2009
- Published: August 18, 2009
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780750689847
- eBook ISBN: 9780080943619
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Pounder's Marine Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines"