Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Current EV design approaches
2. Viable energy storage systems
3. Electric motors and driveline controller design
4. Chassis system design
5. EV package design
6. Fuel cells
7. Package design of hybrid & fuel cell driven vehicles
8. Lightweight construction material
9. Structural design for optimal efficiency
Lightweight Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Design covers the particular automotive design approach required for hybrid/electrical drive vehicles. There is currently huge investment world-wide in electric vehicle propulsion, driven by concern for pollution control and depleting oil resources. The radically different design demands of these new vehicles requires a completely new approach that is covered comprehensively in this book.
The book explores the rather dramatic departures in structural configuration necessary for purpose-designed electric vehicle including weight removal in the mechanical systems. It also provides a comprehensive review of the design process in the electric hybrid drive and energy storage systems.
Ideal for automotive engineering students and professionals Lightweight Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Design provides a complete introduction to this important new sector of the industry.
- Comprehensive coverage of all design aspects of electric/hybrid cars in a single volume
- Packed with case studies and applications
- In-depth treatment written in a text book style (rather than a theoretical specialist text style)
Senior undergraduates in automotive engineering. Postgraduates in automotive engineering. Practising engineers/analysts involved in fuel cell technology, electric / hybrid vehicle research
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2001
- 4th July 2001
- eBook ISBN:
Former editor of 'Automotive Engineer', UK
Managing Director of Fuel Cell Control
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.