This book explores the fascinating field of high-temperature superconductivity. Basic concepts–including experimental techniques and theoretical issues–are discussed in a clear, systematic manner. In addition, the most recent research results in the measurements, materials synthesis and processing, and characterization of physical properties of high-temperature superconductors are presented. Researchers and students alike can use this book as a comprehensive introduction not only to superconductivity but also to materials-related research in electromagnetic ceramics.
Special features of the book:
• presents recent developments in vortex-state properties, defects characterization, and phase equilibrium
• introduces basic concepts for experimental techniques at low temperatures and high magnetic fields
• provides a valuable reference for materials-related research
• discusses potential industrial applications of high-temperature superconductivity
• includes novel processing technologies for thin film and bulk materials
• suggests areas of research and specific problems whose solution can make high-Tc superconductors a practical reality