Table of Contents
- Preface. High-Temperature Superconductivity in the Layered Cuprates: An Overview (J.C. Phillips). Crystal chemistry—structure and function. Normal-state percolative transport in ferroelastic anionic metals. Field-dependent resistive transition and Tinkham-Josephson networks. Resonant pinning centers and interlayer coupling. References. Recommended reading. Properties of High-Temperature Superconductors (J.D. Hettinger, D.G. Steel). Background. Cryogenic systems and technical considerations. Measurements of properties of high-temperature superconducting materials. Results. Summary. References. Recommended reading. Crystal Structures and Phase Equilibria (F. Izumi, E. Takayama-Muromachi). Structural features of superconducting copper oxides. Descriptions of the structures for superconducting copper oxides. Roles of charge reservoirs in superconductivity. Phase equilibria and phase stabilities. References. Recommended reading. Statics and Dynamics of the Vortex State in Type II Superconductors (S. Sengupta, D. Shi). The mixed state. Properties of an isolated vortex. Critical state models. Flux pinning in type II superconductors. Flux motion. Magnetic relaxation in a type II superconductor. References. Recommended reading. Structural Defects in YBa
2Cu 3O 7-&dgr;Superconductors (Y. Zhu). Intragranular structural defects. Intragranular structural defects–grain boundaries. References. Recommended reading. Transport Critical Currents (H. Jones, R.G. Jenkins). Terminology. E-J characteristics. Transport critical current measurements. I cmeasurements on HTS. Temperature and field dependence of transport critical currents in high-temperature superconducting materials. Technological implications. Summary and concluding remarks. References. Recommended reading. High-Temperature Superconducting Thin Films (J.M. Phillips). Thin-film fabrication. Substrates. Multilayers. Characterization of HTS thin films. Applications of HTS thin films. Status of HTS thin films. References. Recommended reading. Bulk Processing and Characterization of YBa 2Cu 3O 6+x(P. McGinn). Powder preparation. Sintering. Thick-film processing. Wire processing. Weak links. Melt-texture processing. Critical current density measurements. Mechanical properties. Summary. References. Recommended reading. Processing Bi-Based High-T cSuperconducting Tapes, Wires, and Thick Films for Conductor Applications (E.E. Hellstrom). Powder processing. Fabricating BSCCO conductors. Melt-processing 2212 conductors. Toward phase-pure 2212 conductors. Bubbling in 2212 tapes and wires. Carbon effects in 2212 tapes and wires. Step solidification melt processing of 2212 conductors. Actual melt-processing schedules for 2212 conductors. Suggestions for making 2212 conductors. Future directions for melt-processing 2212 conductors. 2223 conductors. Summary. References. Recommended reading. Applications for High-Temperature Superconductors (Z.J.J. Stekly, E. Gregory). HTS conductors/coils. Commercial applications. Propulsion/levitation. Particle accelerators. Power applications. The future. References. Recommended reading. Index.
5 line drawings, 54 half-tones.
- No. of pages: 480
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Pergamon 1995
- Published: February 1, 1995
- Imprint: Pergamon
- eBook ISBN: 9780080534176
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780080421513
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "High-Temperature Superconducting Materials Science and Engineering"