Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Thin Film Deposition, Fourth Edition, is a comprehensive reference focusing on thin film technologies and applications used in the semiconductor industry and the closely related areas of thin film deposition, thin film micro properties, photovoltaic solar energy applications, materials for memory applications and methods for thin film optical processes. The book is broken up into three sections: scaling, equipment and processing, and applications. In this newly revised edition, the handbook will also explore the limits of thin film applications, most notably as they relate to applications in manufacturing, materials, design and reliability.
- Offers a practical survey of thin film technologies aimed at engineers and managers involved in all stages of the process: design, fabrication, quality assurance, applications and the limitations faced by those processes
- Covers core processes and applications in the semiconductor industry and new developments within the photovoltaic and optical thin film industries
- Features a new chapter discussing Gates Dielectrics
Students and researchers from semiconductor physics and microelectronic technologies, partly from the field of optical thin films
Section 1 - SCALING
1. A Perspective on Today’s Scaling Challenges and Possible Future Direction
2. Limits and Hurdles To Continued Cmos Scaling
3. Reliability Issues: Reliability Imposed Limits to Scaling
4. Thermal Engineering at the Limits of the CMOS Era
Section 2 - THIN FILM DEPOSITION EQUIPMENT AND PROCESSING
5. Limits Of Gate Dielectrics Scaling
6. Process Technology for Copper Interconnects
7. Sputter Processing
8. Thin Film Deposition for Front End of Line: The Effect of the Semiconductor Scaling, Strain Engineering and Pattern Effects
9. Equipment in CVD Processing
10. CMP Method and Practice
11. Atomic Layer Deposition: Fundamentals, Practice and Challenges
12. Optical Thin Films
13. Semiconductor Memory
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2018
- 27th February 2018
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Formerly Assistant Professor in Materials Science at the University of Arizona and has extensive professional experience as a technologist with both the IBM and Intel Corporations.
Formerly Assistant Professor, Materials Science, University of Arizona
Currently a principal member of the technical staff and serves on the patent evaluation board at GlobalFoundries Corporation in East Fishkill, NY, working on process development for 14nm CMOS. A graduate from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, he joined IBM Microelectronics in 1981 and has worked on a variety of research and development projects including: reactive ion etching, epitaxial film growth, process integration and thin film processing. During his tenure there, he published 25 technical journal papers and has over 100 US patents issued.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.