1. Introduction to the economics of altruism, giving and reciprocity (S-C. Kolm).
Part I: Foundations.
I-A: Social view.
2. The empirical analysis of transfer motives (E. Schokkaert).
3. Altruistic behavior and altruistic motivations (J. Elster).
4. The gift and reciprocity: Perspectives from economic anthropology (C. Hann).
I-B: Overall views.
5. The economic theory of gift-giving: perfect substitutability of transfers and redistribution of wealth (J. Mercier Ythier).
6. Reciprocity: Its scope, rationales and consequences (S-C. Kolm ).
I-C: Experimental social psychology.
7. The formation of social preferences: Some lessons from Psychology and Biology (L. Levy-Garboua, C. Meidinger, B. Rapoport).
8. The economics of fairness, Reciprocity and altruism: Experimental evidence (E. Fehr, K.M. Schmidt). I-D: Human nature.
9. The economics of human relationships (P-L. Sacco, P. Vanin, S. Zamagni).
10. Human nature and sociality in economics (N. Bardsley, R. Sugden).
I-E: Special topics.
11. Natural kantian or zoo economicus? evolutionary theories of selfishness and altruism among men and beasts (T.C. Bergstrom).
12. Solidarity norms and institutions in village societies: Static and dynamic considerations (J-P. Platteau).