Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Section 1: Introduction and Design of Biocomposites
1. Introduction to Green Biocomposites
2. Designing of Biocomposites
3. Computational Modeling of Biocomposites
4. Biomechanics of Biocomposites
Section 2: Diversities of Biocomposites
5. Antimicrobial Biocomposites
6. Bioactive Glass Based Biocomposites
7. Bioceramic Based Biocomposites
8. Hydroxyapatite Based Biocomposites
9. Metal Oxide Filled Biocomposites
10. Bioresorbable Biocomposites
11. Cellulose Based Biocomposites
12. Chitin and Chitosan Based Biocomposites
13. Graphene Based Biocomposites
14. Protein Based Biocomposite
15. Starch Based Biocomposites
16. Natural Fiber Reinforced Biocomposites
Section 3: Application Based Biocomposites
17. Biocomposites for Biomedical Devices
18. Biocomposites for Artificial Organs
19. Biocomposites for Orthopedic Implants
20. Biocomposites for Prostheses
21. Biocomposites for Coatings
22. Biocomposites for Regenerative Medicine
Section 4: Ethics, Safety and Recycling of Biocomposites
23. Industrial Implementations of Biocomposites
24. Recycling of Biocomposites
25. Ethical Issues of Biocomposites
26. Safety and Health Issues of Biocomposites
Green Biocomposites for Biomedical Engineering: Design, Properties, and Applications combines emergent research outcomes with fundamental theoretical concepts relevant to processing, properties and applications of advanced green composites in the field of biomedical engineering. The book outlines the design elements and characterization of biocomposites, highlighting each class of biocomposite separately. A broad range of biomedical applications for biocomposites is then covered, with a final section discussing the ethics and safety regulations associated with manufacturing and the use of biocomposites.
With contributions from eminent editors and recognized authors around the world, this book is a vital reference for researchers in biomedical engineering, materials science and environmental science, both in industry and academia.
- Provides comprehensive information regarding current advances in the interdisciplinary field of eco-friendly green composite materials for biomedical applications
- Offers coverage of state-of-the-art physics-based advanced models used in composites
- Lists a broad range of characterization techniques and biomedical applications
Researchers and R&D groups in biomedical engineering and materials science, with a targeted interest in sustainability, biodegradable materials and biocompatibility. Environmental scientists
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 25th June 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Prof. Md Enamul Hoque is a Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Dhaka, Bangladesh. Prior to joining MIST, he held key positions in other global universities which include: Head of Department in Biomedical Engineering at King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia; and Founding Head of the Bioengineering Division, at the University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus. He completed his PhD at the National University of Singapore in 2007. He also obtained his PGCHE from the University of Nottingham, UK in 2015. He is a Chartered Engineer (CEng) certified by the Engineering Council, UK, and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), UK. To date, he has published 6 books, 23 book chapters, and 163 technical papers in refereed journals and international conference proceedings. His major areas of research include stem cells, tissue engineering, orthopedic implants, rehabilitation engineering, biomaterials, biocomposites, rapid prototyping technology, nanotechnology and nanomaterials.
Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Military Institute of Science Technology (MIST), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Prof. Ahmed Sharif is a Professor in the Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering at Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh. After obtaining his PhD in 2005, he subsequently became Professor and Head of the Department in 2014. He is also a Visiting Professor at the City University of Hong Kong and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He has published more than 50 peer-reviewed (SCI listed) papers in leading international journals on soldering and ferroelectric materials research and has been invited to numerous international conferences to present keynote lectures. Recently, he has edited a book on Harsh Environment Electronics which was published by Wiley. He has received numerous awards including the IEEE-CPMT Young Scientist Award (for his paper at the IEEE-conference in Japan) and the Outstanding Researcher Award from City University of Hong Kong.
Professor, Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Dr. Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as High Flyer Fellow (Professor) at Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia, and also has been Visiting Professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He has more than 16 years of experience in teaching, research, and industries. His area of research interests includes hybrid composites, lignocellulosic reinforced/filled polymer composites, advance materials: graphene/nanoclay/fire retardant, modification and treatment of lignocellulosic fibers and solid wood, biopolymers and biopolymers for packaging applications, nanocomposites and nanocellulose fibers, and polymer blends.
High Flyer Fellow (Professor), Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.