Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Genome Engineering via CRISPR-Cas9 Systems presents a compilation of chapters from eminent scientists from across the globe who have established expertise in working with CRISPR-Cas9 systems. Currently, targeted genome engineering is a key technology for basic science, biomedical and industrial applications due to the relative simplicity to which they can be designed, used and applied. However, it is not easy to find relevant information gathered in a single source. The book contains a wide range of applications of CRISPR in research of bacteria, virus, algae, plant and mammalian and also discusses the modeling of drosophila, zebra fish and protozoan, among others.
Other topics covered include diagnosis, sensor and therapeutic applications, as well as ethical and regulatory issues. This book is a valuable source not only for beginners in genome engineering, but also researchers, clinicians, stakeholders, policy makers, and practitioners interested in the potential of CRISPR-Cas9 in several fields.
- Provides basic understanding and a clear picture on how to design, use and implement the CRISPR-Cas9 system in different organisms
- Explains how to create an animal model for disease research and screening purposes using CRISPR
- Discusses the application of CRISPR-Cas9 systems in basic sciences, biomedicine, virology, bacteriology, molecular biology, neurology, cancer, industry, and many more
Researchers in genome engineering, synthetic biology, metabolic engineering
1. An introduction to genome editing CRISPR-Cas systems
2. Evolution and mechanism of CRISPR-Cas9 systems
3. Exploring the potential of CRISPR-Cas9 for removal of human viruses
4. Programmable removal of bacterial pathogens using CRISPR-Cas9 system
5. Targeted genome editing using CRISPR-Cas9 system in fungi
6. CRISPR-Cas9 system for fungi genome engineering towards industrial applications
7. Development and challenges of using CRISPR-Cas9 system in mammalians
8. CRISPR technology for cell line development and engineering
9. Exploring the potential of genome editing CRISPR-Cas9 system in cancer
10. CRISPR-Cas9 for therapy: the challenges and ways to overcome them
11. Engineered Cas9 nucleases
12. The current progress of CRISPR/Cas9 development in plants
13. Fruit crops improvement using CRISPR-Cas9 system
14. CRISPR-Cas9 engineered viral immunity in plants
15. Genome engineering in medicinally important plants using CRISPR/Cas9 tool
16. Genome editing of algal species by CRISPR Cas9 for biofuels
17. Development and use of CRISPR in industrial applications
18. CRISPR interference based gene silencing in bacteria: Advantages and limitations
19. Genome engineering in insects: focus on the CRISPR/Cas9 system
20. Recent Progress of CRISPR- Cas9 in Zebra Fish
21. CRISPR: a revolutionary tool for genome engineering in the protozoan parasites
22. Biosafety, biosecurity, patents, and regulatory issues
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 18th February 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Vijai Singh is an Associate Professor and Dean (Research & Innovation) School of Science at Indrashil University, Rajpur, Mehsana, Gujarat, India. He was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology at Institute of Advanced Research, Gandhinagar, India and also an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology at the Invertis University, Bareilly, India. Prior to that, he was a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Synthetic Biology Group at the Institute of Systems and Synthetic Biology, Paris, France and School of Energy & Chemical Engineering at the Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Ulsan, South Korea. He received his Ph.D. in Biotechnology (2009) from the National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources, Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow, India. During his PhD, he has cloned, expressed and characterized hemolysin from Aeromonas hydrophila in Escherichia coli. He has extensive experience in Synthetic Biology including MAGE, small regulatory RNAs, pathway designing, CRISPR-Cas systems, and microfluidics. His research interests are focused on building novel biosynthetic pathways for production of medically and industrially important biomolecules. Additionally, his laboratory is working on CRISPR-Cas9 tools for genome editing. He has more than 9 years of research and teaching experience in synthetic biology, metabolic engineering, microbiology, and industrial microbiology. He has published 76 articles, 40 chapters, 10 books and 2 patents. He serves as an associate editor, editorial board member and reviewer of a number of peer-reviewed journals. He is also a member of the Board of Study and Academic Council of Indrashil University and is the Member Secretary of Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBSC) in the same University.
Department of Biosciences, School of Science, Indrashil University, Rajpur, Mehsana, Gujarat, India
Prof. Pawan K. Dhar is the Dean, School of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and heads an active synthetic biology group. Prior to this he held scientific positions at RIKEN Institute, Keio University and Kyoto University (Japan) Bioinformatics Institute, (Singapore) and Manipal University (India). Prof. Dhar received his Ph.D. in 1993 from Banaras Hindu University (Varanasi) for his work on Human Genetics. Prof Dhar’s lab holds specialization in making functional proteins from non-expressing DNA sequences leading to the development of a potentially groundbreaking drug discovery platform. Prof. Dhar serves in the external board of referees for European Science Foundation and Indian Government science funding agencies.
School of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.