This groundbreaking reference — created by an internationally respected team of clinical and research experts — provides quick access to concise summaries of the body of nursing research for 192 common medical-surgical interventions. Each nursing care guideline classifies specific nursing activities as Effective, Possibly Effective, or Possibly Harmful, providing a bridge between research and clinical practice. Ideal for both nursing students and practicing nurses, this evidence-based reference is your key to confidently evaluating the latest research findings and effectively applying best practices in the clinical setting.
- Synthesizing the current state of research evidence, each nursing care guideline classifies specific activities as Effective, Possibly Effective, Not Effective, or Possibly Harmful.
- Easy-to-recognize icons for each cited study help you differentiate between findings that are based on nursing research (NR), multidisciplinary research (MR), or expert opinion (EO), or those activities that represent established standards of practice (SP).
- Each nursing activity is rated by level of evidence, allowing you to gauge the validity of the research and weigh additional evidence you may encounter.
- Guidelines are identified by NIC intervention labels wherever appropriate, and NOC outcome measurements are incorporated throughout.
- An Evolve website provides additional evidence-based nursing resources.
Part I: Foundations for Evidence-Based Nursing
Chapter 1 Evidence-Based Nursing – What Is It?
Chapter 2 Finding and Evaluating Research in Practice
Chapter 3 Implementing Evidence-Based Nursing in Health Care Systems
Chapter 4 Use of Evidence-Based Nursing as a Nursing Student
Chapter 5 Use of Evidence-Based Nursing as a Practicing Nurse
Part II: Guidelines for Evidence-Based Nursing
1. Abuse Protection Support
2. Active Listening
3. Anger Control Assistance
4. Animal-Assisted Therapy
5. Anxiety Reduction
6. Autogenic Training
8. Bed Rest Care
9. Behavior Management: Self-Harm
10. Behavior Modification
11. Bladder Training
12. Blood Products Administration
13. Body Image Enhancement
14. Bowel Incontinence Care
15. Bowel Training
16. Cardiac Care
17. Cardiac Care: Acute
18. Cardiac Care: Rehabilitative
19. Cardiac Precautions
20. Caregiver Support
21. Cerebral Edema Management
22. Cerebral Perfusion Promotion
23. Circulatory Care: Arterial Insufficiency
24. Circulatory Care: Venous Insufficiency
25. Circulatory Precautions
26. Cognitive Stimulation
27. Communication Enhancement: Hearing Deficit
28. Communication Enhancement: Speech Deficit
29. Communication Enhancement: Visual Deficit
30. Constipation Management
31. Crisis Intervention
32. Cultural Brokerage
33. Decisional Control
34. Deep Vein Thrombosis: Prevention
35. Deep Vein Thrombosis: Treatment
36. Delirium Management
37. Dementia Management: Multisensory Therapy
38. Diarrhea Management
39. Diarrhea Management: Clostridium difficile
40. Diarrhea Management: Traveler’s Diarrhea
41. Diet Staging
42. Discharge Planning
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN: