- Reviews key factors affecting the corrosion and service life of copper and aluminium alloys
- Discusses the use of the alloys in seawater
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Overview on copper and aluminium alloys: Corrosion behaviour of non-ferrous alloys in sea water in Polish marine industry; Erosion-corrosion interactions of copper and aluminium based alloys. Part 2 Copper alloys: Copper and copper-nickel-alloys - an overview; Experience with the use of copper alloys in seawater systems on the Norwegian Continental Shelf; CuNi 90/10: How to avoid typical failures of seawater tubing systems and marine biofouling on structures; 70/30 Copper-nickel seawater piping systems use of descaling agents and their effects on corrosion properties. Part 3 Aluminium bronzes: Long-term and accelerated corrosion testing methods for cast nickel aluminium bronzes in seawater; Galvanic corrosion of nickel-aluminium bronze coupled to titanium or Cu-15Ni alloy in brackish seawater. Part 4 Aluminium alloys: Corrosion and protection of aluminium alloys in seawater. Part 5 Aluminium based anode material: Electrochemical of the performance of new aluminium alloys as sacrificial anodes; Low voltage aluminium anodes optimization of the insert-anode bond; Improvement of the performance of al-zn-in anode in seawater by control of casting parameters and alloying elements.
- No. of pages: 220
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2007
- Published: May 17, 2007
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845693084
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Corrosion Behaviour and Protection of Copper and Aluminium Alloys in Seawater"