Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. A Cloud-Based Big Data System To Support Visually Impaired People
Huseyin Temucin, Ali Seydi Keceli, Aydin Kaya, Hamdi Yalin Yalic, Bedir Tekinerdogan
2. Computational Intelligence in Smart Grid Environment
Viera Rozinajová, Anna Bou Ezzeddine, Marek Lóderer, Jaroslav Loebl, Róbert Magyar, Petra Vrablecová
3. Patient Facial Emotion Recognition and Sentiment Analysis Using Secure Cloud With Hardware Acceleration
Alex D. Torres, Hao Yan, Armin Haj Aboutalebi, Arun Das, Lide Duan, Paul Rad
4. Novel Computational Intelligence Techniques for Automatic Pain Detection and Pain Intensity Level Estimation From Facial Expressions Using Distributed Computing for Big Data
A. Sherly Alphonse, Dejey Dharma
5. Computational Intelligence Enabling the Development of Efficient Clinical Decision Support Systems: Case Study of Heart Failure
Oluwarotimi Williams Samuel, Grace Mojisola Asogbon, Arun Kumar Sangaiah, Guanglin Li
6. Aspect Oriented Modeling of Missing Data Imputation for Internet of Things (IoT) Based Healthcare Infrastructure
Senthil Murugan Balakrishnan, Arun Kumar Sangaiah
7. A Hybrid Computational Intelligence Decision Making Model for Multimedia Cloud Based Applications
Chinu Singla, Sakshi Kaushal, Amandeep Verma, Harish Kumar
8. Energy-Constrained Workflow Scheduling in Cloud Using E-DSOS Algorithm
Megha Sharma, Amandeep Verma, Arun Kumar Sangaiah
9. Producing Better Disaster Management Plan in Post-Disaster Situation Using Social Media Mining
Sounak Sadhukhan, Soumya Banerjee, Prasun Das, Arun Kumar Sangaiah
10. Metaheuristic Algorithms: A Comprehensive Review
Mohamed Abdel-Basset, Laila Abdel-Fatah, Arun Kumar Sangaiah
11. Unsupervised Anomaly Detection for High Dimensional Data—an Exploratory Analysis
Anitha Ramchandran, Arun Kumar Sangaiah
12. Fog – Driven Healthcare Framework for Security Analysis
Shalini Parasuraman, Arun Kumar Sangaiah
13. Medical Quality of Service Optimization Over Internet of Multimedia Things
Ali Hassan Sodhro, Arun Kumar Sangaiah, Gul Hassan Sodhro, Mir Muhammad Lodro, Aicha Sekhari, Yacine Ouzrout, Sandeep Pirbhulal, Kaneez Fatima
14. Energy-Efficiency of Tools and Applications on Internet
Ali Hassan Sodhro, Arun Kumar Sangaiah, Gul Hassan Sodhro, Aicha Sekhari, Yacine Ouzrout, Sandeep Pirbhulal
15. Transforming Healthcare Via Big Data Analytics
S.S. Blessy Trencia Lincy, N. Suresh Kumar
Computational Intelligence for Multimedia Big Data on the Cloud with Engineering Applications covers timely topics, including the neural network (NN), particle swarm optimization (PSO), evolutionary algorithm (GA), fuzzy sets (FS) and rough sets (RS), etc. Furthermore, the book highlights recent research on representative techniques to elaborate how a data-centric system formed a powerful platform for the processing of cloud hosted multimedia big data and how it could be analyzed, processed and characterized by CI. The book also provides a view on how techniques in CI can offer solutions in modeling, relationship pattern recognition, clustering and other problems in bioengineering.
It is written for domain experts and developers who want to understand and explore the application of computational intelligence aspects (opportunities and challenges) for design and development of a data-centric system in the context of multimedia cloud, big data era and its related applications, such as smarter healthcare, homeland security, traffic control trading analysis and telecom, etc. Researchers and PhD students exploring the significance of data centric systems in the next paradigm of computing will find this book extremely useful.
- Presents a brief overview of computational intelligence paradigms and its significant role in application domains
- Illustrates the state-of-the-art and recent developments in the new theories and applications of CI approaches
- Familiarizes the reader with computational intelligence concepts and technologies that are successfully used in the implementation of cloud-centric multimedia services in massive data processing
- Provides new advances in the fields of CI for bio-engineering application
Researchers and PhD who want to understand and explore the application of computational intelligence aspects for design and development of data centric system in the context of multi-media cloud, big data era and its related applications such as smarter health care, homeland security, bioengineering systems, robotics and intelligent assistance etc.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 21st August 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Arun Kumar Sangaiah received his Master of Engineering from Anna University and Ph.D. from VIT University, India. He is currently as a Professor at the School of Computing Science and Engineering, VIT University, Vellore, India. His areas of research interest include machine learning, Internet of Things, Sustainable Computing. Moreover, he has holding visiting professor positions in China, France, Japan, South Korea. Further, he has been visited many research centers and universities in China, Japan, France, Singapore and South Korea for join collaboration towards research projects and publications. Dr. Sangaiah’s outstanding scientific production spans over 200+ contributions published in high standard ISI journals, such as IEEE-TII, IEEE-Communication Magazine, IEEE Systems and IEEE IoT. In addition, he has authored/edited 8 books (Elsevier, Springer and others) and edited 50 special issues in reputed ISI journals, such as IEEE-Communication Magazine, IEEE-TII, IEEE-IoT, ACM transaction on Intelligent Systems and Technology etc. He has also registered one Indian patent in the area of Computational Intelligence. His Google Scholar Citations reached 5000+ with h-index: 40+ and i10-index: 150+. Further, Dr. Sangaiah is responsible for EiC, Editorial Board Member and Associate Editor of many reputed ISI journals.Finally, he has received many awards that includes,Chinese Academy of Sciences-PIFI overseas visiting scientist award, UPEC-France Visiting Scholar award, Carrers-360 Top-10 Outstanding Researchers award and etc.
School of Computer Science, The University of Adelaide, Australia
Prof. Zhiyong Zhang received his Master, Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science from Dalian University of Technology and Xidian University, respectively. He was a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at Xi'an Jiaotong University, China. He is currently a full Henan Province Distinguished Professor and Dean with Department of Computer Science, College of Information Engineering, Henan University of Science & Technology. Prof. Zhang is a visiting professor of Computer Science Department, Iowa State University. He is an ACM Senior Member, IEEE Senior Member, IEEE Systems, Man, Cybernetics Society Technical Committee on Soft Computing, World Federation on Soft Computing Young Researchers Committee, Membership for Digital Rights Management Technical Specialist Workgroup Attached to China National Audio, Video, Multimedia System and Device Standardization Technologies Committee. Prof. Zhang’s research interests include multimedia social networks and digital rights management, applied soft computing, trusted computing, as well as security risk management. He has published over 80 scientific papers and four books on the above research fields, and held 8 granted patents.
Dean, Department of Computer Science, Henan University of Science and Technology, China
Michael Sheng is a full Professor and Head of Department of Computing at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia. Before moving to Macquarie University, Michael spent 10 years at School of Computer Science, the University of Adelaide (UoA). Prof. Sheng has more than 400 publications as edited books and proceedings, refereed book chapters, and refereed technical papers in journals and conferences. He is ranked by Microsoft Academic as one of the Top Authors in Services Computing (ranked the 5th of All Time worldwide). He is the recipient of the AMiner Most Influential Scholar Award on IoT (2007-2017), ARC Future Fellowship (2014), Chris Wallace Award for Outstanding Research Contribution (2012), and Microsoft Research Fellowship (2003).
Professor and Head of Department of Computing, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.