- Current, evidence-based information covers more than 150 botanicals for over 35 different conditions.
- Case studies provide realistic scenarios and help you apply the content to the real world.
- Treatment and formula boxes summarize the most important information.
- Color illustrations and photographs of plants enable you to identify herbs visually as well as by substance make-up.
- Logical chapter organization begins with the principles of herbal medicine and then covers women’s health conditions organized chronologically by lifecycle, from teen and reproductive years to midlife and mature years.
- Appendices include practical, at-a-glance information on common botanical names, chemical constituents of medicinal plants, and a summary table of herbs for women's health.
Table of Contents
- PART I: Foundations of Botanical Medicine
1. From CAM to Functional Medicine: Health Care’s Evolution
2. History of Herbal Medicines for Women: From Ancient to Modern Prescribing
3. Fundamental Principles of Herbal Medicine
4. Guidelines for Herbal Medicine Use
PART II: Every Woman’s Health
5. Endocrine Disorders and Adrenal Support
6. Sleep, Mood, and Sexual Function
7. Bone Health
8. Cardiovascular Health
PART III: Gynecologic Health
9. Menstrual Wellness and Menstrual Problems
10. Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding
11. Breasts, Uterus and Pelvis
12. Vaginal and Sexually Transmitted Infections
13. Common Urinary Tract Problems
14. Breast Cancer Prevention and Supportive Therapies
PART IV: Fertility and the Childbearing Cycle
15. Pregnancy and Botanical Medicine Use and Safety
16. Fertility Challenges
17. Pregnancy: First Trimester
18. Pregnancy: Second Trimester
19. Pregnancy: Third Trimester
20. Labor and Birth
21. The Postpartum
22. Breastfeeding and Botanical Medicine
PART V: The Empowered Years: Menopausal Health
23. Menopausal Health
Appendix I: Common and Botanical Medicine Names Quick Reference Dose Chart
Appendix II: Chemical Constituents of Medicinal Plants
Appendix III: Summary Table of Herbs for Women's Health
- No. of pages: 672
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Churchill Livingstone 2017
- Published: October 1, 2016
- Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN: 9780702061936
- eBook ISBN: 9780702065132