Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part One: Introduction to Bionanocomposites
1. Bionanocomposites: An Overview
2. Characterization, fabrication and processing of bionanocomposites
3. Bionanocomposites biocompatibility and host interactions
Part Two: Biomedical Applications of Chitosan-based Bionanocomposites
4. Chitosan-based bionanocomposites in tissue engineering
5. Chitosan-based bionanocomposites in regenerative medicine
6. Chitosan-based bionanocomposites in wound healing
7. Chitosan-based bionanocomposites in drug formulation and delivery
8. Chitosan-based bionanocomposites for cancer therapy
9. Chitosan-based bionanocomposites in dental applications
Part Three: Biomedical Applications of Alginate-based Bionanocomposites
10. Alginate-based bionanocomposites in tissue engineering
11. Alginate-based bionanocomposites in regenerative medicine
12. Alginate-based bionanocomposites in wound healing
13. Alginate-based bionanocomposites in drug formulation and delivery
14. Alginate-based bionanocomposites for cancer therapy
15. Alginate-based bionanocomposites in dental applications
Part Four: Biomedical Applications of Green Bionanocomposites
16. Dextran-based bionanocomposites in tissue engineering and regenerative medicines
17. Starch-based bionanocomposites in tissue engineering and regenerative medicines
18. Cellulose-based bionanocomposites in tissue engineering and regenerative medicines
19. PCL-based-bionanocomposites in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
20. PLA-based bionanocomposites in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
21. Agricultural waste-based bionanocomposites in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
Part Five: Commercial Aspects, Regulations and Future Prospects
22. Commercialization of bionanocomposites
23. Life cycle assessment and circular economy of bionanocomposites
24. Future prospects of bionanocomposites
Bionanocomposites in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine explores novel uses of these in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
This book offers an interdisplinary approach, combining chemical, biomedical engineering, materials science and pharmacological aspects of the characterization, synthesis and application of bionanocomposites. Chapters cover a broad selection of bionanocomposites including chitosan, alginate and more, which are utilized in tissue engineering, wound healing, bone repair, drug formulation, cancer therapy, drug delivery, cartilage regeneration and dental implants. Additional sections of Bionanocomposites in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine discuss, in detail, the safety aspects and circular economy of bionanocomposites – offering an insight into the commercial and industrial aspects of these important materials.
Bionanocomposites in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine will prove a highly useful text for for those in the fields of biomedical engineering, chemistry, pharmaceutics and materials science, both in academia and industrial R&D groups.
- Each bionanocomposite type is covered individually, providing specific and detailed information for each material
- Covers a range of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine applications, from dental and bone engineering to cancer therapy
- Offers an integrated approach, with contributions from authors across a variety of related disciplines, including biomedical engineering, chemistry and materials science
Post-graduates and researchers in the fields of biomedical engineering, materials science, chemistry, pharmacology, and other interdisciplinary fields of science and technology with an interest in bionanocomposites
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st June 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Shakeel Ahmed is working as an Assistant Professor at Department of Chemistry, Government Degree College Mendhar, India and Assistant Professor in Chemistry, Higher Education Department, Government of Jammu and Kashmir, India. He has published several research publications in area of green materials and nanomaterials for various applications including biomedical, packaging, sensors, and water treatment. He is a member of Royal Society of Chemistry (MRSC), UK, member of American Chemical Society and life member of Asian Polymer Association and Society of Materials Chemistry (India). He has published several books with publishers of international repute. His work has been cited more than 2800 times and having h-index of 17.
Department of Chemistry, Government Degree College Mendhar, Poonch, Jammu and Kashmir; Assistant Professor in Chemistry, Higher Education Department, Government of Jammu and Kashmir, India
Annu Tomer has expertise in Bionanomaterials, Bionanocomposites and Composite Materials for biomedical applications and is working as a research fellow at Department of Chemistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. She has completed her post-graduation from University of Allahabad and had her doctoral research from Jamia Millia Islamia. She has published many scientific articles in international peer-reviewed journals and has authored many book chapters as well as review articles. Recently, she has received Young Researcher Award of the year 2018 from MCS (India), and is the member of American Chemical Society and Asian Polymer Association. Her research interests include green nanomaterials, composite materials, and renewable resource-based materials for biomedical applications and nanomedicine to combat Antimicrobial resistance and Cancer.
Research Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.