In the past 25 years, plastic products have gained universal use not only in food, clothing and shelter, but also in the transportation, construction, medical and leisure industries. Whereas previously synthetic plastics were developed as durable substitute products, increasing concern for the global environment and solid waste management has resulted in an urgent demand for biodegradable plastics.
The main topics of the Third International Scientific Workshop were as follows:
1. Biodegradation of polymers and plastics
2. Environmental degradation of plastics
3. Synthesis and properties of new biodegradable plastic materials
4. Biodegradation and morphologies of polymer blends
5. Development of biodegradation test methods
6. Governmental policy, regulation and standards.
- © Elsevier Science 1994
- 1st August 1994
- Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
@qu:...an extremely informative volume, providing an abundance of interesting information on a variety of environmentally oriented topics. @source:Polymer International
The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research (RIKEN), Saitama, Japan
Biodegradable Plastics Society, Japan