Published since 1959, Advances in Applied Microbiology continues to be one of the most widely read and authoritative review sources in microbiology.
The series contains comprehensive reviews of the most current research in applied microbiology. Recent areas covered include bacterial diversity in the human gut, protozoan grazing of freshwater biofilms, metals in yeast fermentation processes and the interpretation of host-pathogen dialogue through microarrays.
Eclectic volumes are supplemented by thematic volumes on various topics, including Archaea and sick building syndrome. Impact factor for 2007: 1.821.
- Contributions from leading authorities and industry experts
- Informs and updates on all the latest developments in the field
- Reference and guide for scientists and specialists involved in advancements in applied microbiology
Researchers in applied microbiology, molecular biology, mycology, biotechnology and biochemistry.
Cutinases: Properties and Industrial Applications Tatiana Fontes Pio and Gabriela Alves Macedo
Diagnosis of Clinically-relevant Fungi in Medicine and Veterinary Sciences Olivier Sparagano and Sam Foggett
Multiple effector mechanisms induced by recombinant Listeria monocytogenes anti-cancer immunotherapeutics Anu Wallecha, Kyla Driscoll Carroll, Paulo Cesar Maciag, Sandra Rivera, Vafa Shahabi and Yvonne Paterson
Microbial deterioration of stone monuments – an updated overview Stefanie Scheerer, Otto Ortega-Morales, Christine Gaylarde
- Microbial processes in oil fields: culprits, problems and opportunities Noha Youssef, Mostafa S. Elshahed, Michael J. McInerney
Nucleoid-associated Proteins and Bacterial Physiology Charles J. Dorman
Molecular Networks in the Fungal Pathogen Candida albicans Rebecca A. Hall, Fabien Cottier and Fritz A. Mühlschlegel
- Diversity in bacterial chemotactic responses and niche adaptation Lance D. Miller, Matthew H. Russell and Gladys Alexandre
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2009
- 30th January 2009
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
PRAISE FOR THE SERIES "No laboratory scientist, field worker or technical administrator can afford to pass it up."--ASM NEWS "The topics are well supported by an extensive bibliography and provide a rich source of current information."--BIOPHARM