Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
A Guide to Econometric Methods for the Energy-Growth Nexus presents, explains and compares all the available econometrics methods pertinent to the energy-growth nexus. Chapters cover methods and applications, starting with older econometric methods and moving toward new ones. Each chapter presents the method and facts about its applications, providing step-by-step explanations about the ways the method meets the demands of the field. In addition, applied case studies and practical research steps are included to enhance the learning process. By touching on all relevant econometric methods for the energy-growth nexus, this book gives energy-growth researchers and students all they need to tackle the subject matter.
- Presents econometric methods for short- and long-term forecasting
- Provides methods and step-by-step explanations on the ways the method meets the demands of the field
- Contains applied case studies and practical research steps
Students and researchers working on issues related to economic growth, energy economics, public economics, and industrial organization economics
1. Introduction to the econometrics of the "Variable X-growth" nexus
2. Stationarity and an alphabetical directory of unit roots often used in the energy-growth nexus
3. An A-Z guide for complete research when using the Autoregressive Distributed Lag (ARDL) bounds test approach in the broader energy-growth nexus
4. A note on the VECM approach in applications of the energy growth nexus
5. Adjustment speeds, elasticities and semi-elasticities; their importance in the energy-growth nexus
6. Quantiles regression approach: A new approach in the energy-growth nexus with substantial benefits in asymmetry accounting
7. Time varying fourier analysis in the energy-growth nexus or the x-variable-growth nexus
8. Ways of treatment of cross-sectional dependence in the energy-growth-nexus and the X-variable Growth nexus
9. The low profile of simultaneous equations modeling in the energy-growth nexus
10. The Johansen cointegration method and several others during the evolution of the energy-growth nexus and the broader "X-variable"-growth nexus
11. How does the wavelet approach satisfy the required deliverables in the energy-growth nexus studies?
12. Variance decomposition approaches and impulse response functions in the energy-growth nexus
13. A note on non-parametric and semi-parametric strategies in the energy-growth nexus
14. Making the energy-growth nexus useful through a meta-analysis
15. An a-z guide for the energy-growth nexus studies
16. A conclusion to the guide in energy-growth nexus
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 10th November 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Angeliki N.Menegaki is an Associate Professor of Economices in TEI STEREAS ELLADAS University of Applied Sciences. She earned her Ph.D. from the University of Stirling (Scotland) in 2006. Currently she is also an adjunct professor at the Hellenic Open University, teaching economic theory and policy. She has served as the regional Manager in Organismos Georgikon Asfaliseon, Eastern Macedonia & Thrace. During the past, she has served as adjunct lecturer in Democritus University of Thrace, the Technological University of Crete and has also gained professional experience in the Greek corporate banking sector. She has published more than 30 papers, most of them in the energy-growth nexus field and has an H-index=11 with 570 citations (Author ID in Scopus is 16053108400). She is a member of the editorial Board in the Journal of Renewable Energy where she has also been awarded the Best Reviewer Award for the years 2014 and 2015.
Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.