- llustrated with hundreds of chemical structures, all redrawn from the first edition, with added
emphasis on three-dimensional structures and stereochemical aspects of reaction mechanisms
- Extensively rewritten and reorganized to make the presentation and format more accessible to first-year organic chemistry students, as well as advanced undergraduate and graduate students
- Chapter 6 is completely revised to streamline the treatment of pericyclic reactions, while introducing the principles underlying the symmetry operations and orbital correlation diagrams
- New appendixes in this edition contain easily referenced information on Lewis structures, chemical symbols and notation, and relative acidities of common functional groups
Table of Contents
- Molecular Structure and Reactivity.
General Principles for Writing Organic Mechanisms. Reactions of Nucleophiles and Bases.
Reactions Involving Acids and Other Electrophiles. Radicals and Radical Anions.
- No. of pages: 488
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1999
- Published: November 4, 1999
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080521336
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Writing Reaction Mechanisms in Organic Chemistry"