Thoroughly revised and up-dated, this comprehensive, authoritative reference will help both the experienced and novice practitioner diagnose skin diseases and disorders more accurately and effectively. A superb full colour art programme illustrates the salient pathological features of both neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions and will help the reader easily interpret key clinical and diagnostic points. This single–authored text incorporates the wealth of Dr Weedon’s own personal observations and experience in his approach to the diagnosis and interpretation of skin biopsies and is full of useful diagnostic clues and pearls. This remarkable book is an indispensable resource for all those involved in the identification and evaluation of skin disorders.
- Encyclopedic reference work that discusses established disorders, unusual and rare disease entities as well as incompletely defined entities.
- The book is comprehensive enough to meet the requirements of trainee and practicing dermatopathologists or pathologists when reporting on the histopathology of skin specimens.
- A single authored text that presents an internationally recognized master diagnostician’s personal philosophy and skill in dealing with the diagnosis of skin biopsies.Provides a uniformity, clarity and internal consistency of approach and style that other books cannot match.
- Over 1,200 large-sized, high quality illustrations.
- Will facilitate an accurate diagnosis by accurately reproducing in the book what is seen through the microscope and thereby help identify the characteristic features of the lesion demonstrated.
- For many of the features listed there will be practical advice on pitfalls and how to avoid them drawn from Dr Weedon’s unrivalled personal experience.Will facilitate the daily practice of dermatopathology and save the practitioner a lot of time and money.
- Tables and boxes that organize diseases into groups, synthesize diagnostic criteria and list differential diagnoses makes the book user friendly and the information easy-to-access.
- Remarkably authoritative, comprehensive, current and relevant reference list for each entity. There are over 35,000 references in the text.This degree of inclusivity facilitates the identification of both key articles and more rare and unusual reports. References only available online in this single volume version.
SECTION 1 INTRODUCTION
1 An approach to the interpretation of skin biopsies
2 Diagnostic clues
SECTION 2 TISSUE REACTION PATTERNS
3 The lichenoid reaction pattern (¡¥interface dermatitis¡¦)
4 The psoriasiform reaction pattern
5 The spongiotic reaction pattern
6 The vesiculobullous reaction pattern
7 The granulomatous reaction pattern
8 The vasculopathic reaction pattern
SECTION 3 THE EPIDERMIS
9 Disorders of epidermal maturation and keratinization
10 Disorders of pigmentation
SECTION 4 THE DERMIS
11 Disorders of collagen
12 Disorders of elastic tissue
13 Cutaneous mucinoses
14 Cutaneous deposits
15 Diseases of cutaneous appendages
16 Cysts, sinuses and pits
SECTION 5 THE SKIN IN SYSTEMIC DISEASES
18 Metabolic and storage diseases
19 Miscellaneous conditions
20 Cutaneous drug reactions
21 Reactions to physical agents
SECTION 6 INFECTIONS AND INFESTATIONS
22 Cutaneous infections and infestations -- histological patterns
23 Bacterial and rickettsial infections
24 Spirochetal infections
25 Mycoses and algal infections
26 Viral diseases
27 Protozoal infections
28 Marine injuries
29 Helminth infestations
30 Arthropod-induced diseases
SECTION 7 TUMORS
31 Tumors of the epidermis
32 Lentigines, nevi and melanomas
33 Tumors of cutaneous appendages
34 Tumors and tumor-like proliferations of fibrous and related tissues
35 Tumors of fat
36 Tumors of muscle, cartilage and bone
37 Neural and neuroendocrine tumors
38 Vascular tumors
39 Cutaneous metastases
40 Cutaneous infiltrates -- non-lymphoid
41 Cutaneous infiltrates -- lymphoid and leukemic
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2010
- 26th October 2009
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Honorary Professor of Pathology, Bond University, Gold Coast, Australia; Senior Visiting Pathologist, Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital, Brisbane, Australia; Dermatopathologist, Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology (a division of Sonic Healthcare), Australia