- UNIQUE! Overlay art, consisting of over 380 full-color anatomical illustrations of muscles, bones, and ligaments drawn over photographs, helps identify the positions of muscles and bones in the human body.
- UNIQUE! Electronic Muscle and Bone Review Program features a base photograph with a skeleton drawn in and a list of every muscle for each major region of the body so students can choose any combination of muscles and place them onto the illustration — allowing them to see not only the muscle attachments, but also the relationship among the muscles of the region.
- Complete muscle coverage in an easy-to-understand layout makes this text appropriate for novices to anatomy, as well as intermediate and advanced students.
- Content organized by body region and includes information on how muscles in that region function together and large drawings of the muscles of that region so you can go directly to the topic you are studying.
- Covers the methodology for each muscle with information for learning muscle actions to explain the reasoning behind each action — and encourage you to learn and not just memorize.
- A four-color, student-friendly design with sections clearly boxed throughout and checkboxes that help you keep track of what you need to learn and what you have mastered.
- Customizable format, with checkboxes and numbered lists in each muscle layout, presents basic muscle information for the beginning student in bold type and more advanced information in regular type.
- Palpation boxes include bulleted steps instructing how to palpate each muscle so you can apply this assessment skill in practice.
- Evolve website for instructors includes TEACH Resources, a Test Bank, and an image collection so instructors can easily access all of the materials they need to teach their course in one place — and track through the course management system provided via Evolve.
- Evolve website for students includes access to audio of the author reading aloud muscle names, attachments, and actions for the muscles covered in the book, labeling exercises, and more to enrich your learning experience.
Table of Contents
How to Use This Book
Part 1: The Musculoskeletal System
1. Basic Kinesiology Terminology
2. The Skeletal System
3. How Muscles Function
Part 2: The Skeletal Muscles of the Upper Extremity
4. Muscles of the Shoulder Girdle Joints
5. Muscles of the Glenohumeral Joint
6. Muscles of the Elbow and Radioulnar Joints
7. Muscles of the Wrist Joint
8. Extrinsic Muscles of the Finger Joints
9. Intrinsic Muscles of the Finger Joints
Part 3: The Skeletal Muscles of the Axial Body
10. Muscles of the Spinal Joints
11. Muscles of the Rib Cage Joints
12. Muscles of the Temporomandibular Joints
13. Muscles of Facial Expression
Part 4: The Skeletal Muscles of the Lower Extremity
14. Muscles of the Hip Joint
15. Muscles of the Knee Joint
16. Muscles of the Ankle and Subtalar Joints
17. Extrinsic Muscles of the Toe Joints
18. Intrinsic Muscles of the Toe Joints
Part 5: Functional Mover Groups of Muscles
19. Functional Groups of Muscles
- No. of pages: 800
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Mosby 2016
- Published: February 22, 2016
- Imprint: Mosby
- eBook ISBN: 9780323327718
- Paperback ISBN: 9780323327701
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The Muscular System Manual"