* aims to be the definitive work on the rapidly expanding subjects of metabolic profiling, metabolite and biomarker identification
* covers the principles of the subject, the analytical and statistical techniques used and the wide variety of applications.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Metabonomics and metabolomics techniques and their applications in mammalian systems.
Chapter 2. Cellular metabolomics: the quest for pathway structure.
Chapter 3. NMR spectroscopy techniques for application to metabonomics.
Chapter 4. High-resolution magic angle spinning NMR spectroscopy.
Chapter 5. Chromatographic and electrophoretic separations combined with mass spectrometry for metabonomics.
Chapter 6. Chemometrics techniques for metabonomics.
Chapter 7. Nonlinear chemometric methods for the analysis of metabolic profiles.
Chapter 8. Databases and standardisation of reporting methods for metabolic studies.
Chapter 9. Metabonomics in preclinical pharmaceutical discovery and development.
Chapter 10. Metabolic applications in clinical pharmaceutical R&D.
Chapter 11. Exploiting the potential of metabonomics in large population studies: three venues.
Chapter 12. Metabolite profiling and cardiovascular disease.
Chapter 13. The role of NMR-based metabolomics in cancer.
Chapter 14. NMR spectroscopy of body fluids as a metabolomics approach to inborn errors of metabolism.
Chapter 15. A survey of metabonomics approaches for disease characterisation.
Chapter 16. Metabolic profiling: applications in plant science.
Chapter 17. In vivo NMR applications of metabonomics.
Chapter 18. Applications of metabonomics within environmental toxicology.
Chapter 19. Global systems biology through integration of "omics" results.
- No. of pages: 572
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2006
- Published: December 11, 2006
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080468006
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444528414