- Comprehensive and authoritative scope and focus
- Reviews from renowned scientists across a range of subjects, providing both overviews and new data, supplemented by extensive bibliographies
- Extensive illustrations and examples from the field
Table of Contents
- 1. The earth's crust from a planetary perspective (R.L. Rudnick).
2. Composition of the continental crust (R.L. Rudnick, Shan Gao).
3. Heat producing element distribution in the crust (C. Jaupart, J.-C. Mareschal).
4. Granites and intracrustal differentiation (M.P. Atherton).
5. Basalts and basaltic underplating (G.L. Farmer).
6. Volcanic exhalatives (C. Oppenheimer).
7. Rhyolites and explosive volcanism (G.A. Mahood).
8. Magma chamber chronology (M.R. Reid).
9. Fluid-Flow in the deep crust (J. Ague).
10. Geochemical zoning in metamorphic minerals (M.J. Kohn).
11. Thermochronology of metamorphic belts (K. V. Hodges).
12. Continental crust subduction and UHP metamorphism (D.R. Rumble III, J.G. Liou, B. Jahn).
13. Isotopic evolution and crustal growth history (P.J. Patchett).
14. Secular evolution of crust composition and the processes of its formation (C.J. Hawkesworth).
15. Ore deposits (P.A. Candela).
16. Active geothermal systems (T.M. Seward).
17. Oceanic crust: MORB, gabbros and cumulates (E. Klein).
18. U-series studies and melt percolation models (T. Elliott, M.W. Spiegelman).
19. Hydrothermal alteration processes (H. Staudigel).
20. Oceanic plateaus (A.C. Kerr).
21. Oceanic crust subduction (M.W. Schmidt, S. Poli).
22. Arcs (oceanic and continental) (P. Kelemen).
- No. of pages: 702
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2005
- Published: November 22, 2005
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- Paperback ISBN: 9780080448473
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "The Crust"