Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Concise but comprehensive, Structural Elements for Architects and Builders is primarily focused on the design and analysis of structural elements: columns, beams, tension members and their connections. The material is organized into a single, self-sufficient volume, including all necessary data for the preliminary design and analysis of these structural elements in wood, steel, and reinforced concrete.
Every chapter contains insights developed by the author and generally not found elsewhere. Additionally, the Appendices included at the end of the text contain numerous tables and graphs, based on material contained in industry publications, but reorganized and formatted especially for this text to improve clarity and simplicity, without sacrificing comprehensiveness.
- Based on the standards and codes from For timber: The American Institute of Timber Construction's (AITC), The American Institute of Steel Construction's (AISC) The American Concrete Institute's (ACI) Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary (ACI 318 and ACI 318R)and the American Society of Civil Engineers
- Contains graphs, charts, and tables to solve basic structural design problems
- Step-by-step illustrative examples
- Cover common connectors such as nails, bolts, and welds
Architects; Construction Engineers; Structural Engineers; Geotechnical Engineers; Owners/Developers
Chapter 1 Statics
Internal forces and moments
Ch.1 is a concise introduction to (or review of) statics.
Chapter 2 Loads
Chapter 3 Material Properties
Chapter 4 Sectional Properties
Chapter 5 Design Approaches
Allowable stress design
Chapter 6 Tension Elements
Chapter 7 Columns
Chapter 8 Beams
Chapter 9 Connections
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2010
- 16th November 2009
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.