Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part I: Basic Principles
1. Smart nanoconcretes: An introduction
Phuong Nguyen-Tri and Tuan Anh Nguyen
2. Properties of Concrete in presence of nanomaterials".
N. B. Singh
3. Nano Size Particle Packing for Smart Nanoconcretes and Cement Based Materials: Theory and Technology
Mehmet Serkan Kırgız
4. Molecular Modeling of Nanoscale Features of Cement Paste and their Correlation to Engineering Mechanical Behavior
5. Mathematical Modelling and Simulation
Enrique García-Macías Sr.
6. Understanding the role of hydration water and nano C-S-H colloids in concrete
7. Development of NanoCement Concrete by Top-Down and Bottom-up Nanotechnology concept
Sumit Chakraborty and Byung-Wan Jo
8. Prospect of Magneto-Electric Active Control for Smart Concrete Structures
9. Environmental Impact of Sustainable Green Concrete
Vinita Vishwakarma Sr.
Part II: Applications
10. Photocatalytic nanomortars
11. Fire performance of concrete containing nano-fibers and graphite nanoparticles
Waqas Latif Baloch
12. Heat storage in concrete deck with nano- and micro-encapsulated PCM
Michal Pomianowski Sr. and Rasmus Lund Jensen
13. Electrical impedance of carbon nanofiber concrete
Yi-Lung Mo, Yuhua Chen and Jinghong Chen
14. Use of phase change materials in nanoconcrete for energy savings
Tung-Chai Ling, Sarra Drissi and Kim Hung Mo
15. Use of Nano Technology in the Concrete Pavements
Ali Jamshidi, Kyofumi Kurumisawa and Gregory White
16. Thermochromic cement based-materials
17. Multifunctional Smart Nanoconcretes
18. Radiation protection characteristics of nano-concretes against photon and neutron beams
19. Genetically-enriched microbe-facilitated self-healing nanoconcrete
20. Smart cementitious nano-composites for self sensing of structures
21. Application of Self-Healing Nanoconcretes
Anwar Khitab, Waqas Anwar, Zain-Ul Abdin, Seemab Tayyab and Omar Abdullah Ibrahim Sr.
22. Cement integrity in CO2 sequestrations sites: An effective nano based approach
23. Bio self-healing nanoconcretes
24. Mortar Containing Ceramic Nanoparticles
25. Enhancement routes of corrosion resistance in the steel reinforced concrete by using nanomaterials
26. Application of Nanosilica in Cement and Concrete
27. Reinforcing Cementitious Composites with Graphene Oxide for Enhanced Mechanical Performance – Prospects and Challenges
28. Macroscopic CNTs as promising reinforcements for concrete structures
29. Nanoseeds as modifiers of the cement hydration kinetics
Gilberto Artioli, Giorgio Ferrari and Maria Chiara Dalconi
Smart Nanoconcretes and Cement-Based Materials: Properties, Modelling and Applications explores the fundamental concepts and applications of smart nanoconcretes with self-healing, self-cleaning, photocatalytic, antibacterial, piezoelectrical, heating and conducting properties and how they are used in modern high-rise buildings, hydraulic engineering, highways, tunnels and bridges. This book is an important reference source for materials scientists and civil engineers who are looking to enhance the properties of smart nanomaterials to create stronger, more durable concrete.
- Explores the mechanisms through which active agents are released from nanocontainers inside concrete
- Shows how embedded smart nanosensors, including carbon cement-based smart sensors and micro/nano strain-sensors, are used to increase concrete performance
- Discusses the major challenges of integrating smart nanomaterials into concrete composites
Academics and R&D industry researchers in the fields of materials science and engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 15th November 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
is Professor, Faculty of Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Malaysia. In addition, he has worked as a civil engineer for over 20 years, and is registered in Malaysia, the USA, and the UK.
Professor, Faculty of Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Malaysia
DEA (ENSCMul, France) and PhD (Cnam of Paris, France 2009). He worked as an assistant professor at Cnam of Paris (2009-2011) and researcher at ETS, Montreal, Canada (2011-2015) before joining to University of Montreal as research officer (Prud'homme's Group). His main research interests are polymer blends, crystallization of ultra thin films, nanostructuration, agrocomposites, polymer ageing, personal protective materials, rupture mechanisms of polymer material
Department of Chemistry, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada.
Nguyen is Head of the Microanalysis Department, Institute for Tropical Technology, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, Vietnam. His research focuses on advanced nanomaterials, and nanotechnology for corrosion and materials integrity in transportation systems.
Institute for Tropical Technology, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Saeid Kakooei is Senior Lecturer at Mechanical Engineering Department, Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Malaysia. His research focuses in the areas of corrosion and failure analysis
Senior Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Malaysia