Principles of Cardiac and Vascular Computed Tomography has everything you need to successfully obtain and interpret CT and CTA images. Stuart J. Hutchison—a premier cardiac imaging specialist—explains the dos and don’ts of CCT so you get the best images and avoid artifacts. Clinically oriented, practical information is presented in a consistent format that ensures finding everything is quick and easy, while high-quality images and online access combine to make this the one cardiovascular computed tomography resource that has it all.
- Access the fully searchable contents online at Expert Consult, along with an image library and videos of CTA procedures.
- Focused, clinically oriented, and practical information ensures you're equipped with the coverage that you need—from evidence-based CTA to determination of coronary calcium to noncoronary lesions.
- Instructions on how to and how not to perform cardiovascular computed tomography allow you to obtain the best image quality and avoid artifacts.
- High-quality images—many in color—reinforce the text and provide a clear visual understanding.
- Numerous tables with useful values and settings help you master probe settings and measurements.
- A consistent format makes for quick and easy reference.
2 Overview of the Process, Exclusions and Risks, and Preparation
3 Radiation and Radiation Risk
4 Contrast Enhancement
5 Noise and Artifacts
6 CT Coronary Angiography
7 CTA Assessment of Coronary Artery Stents
8 CTA Assessment of Saphenous Vein Grafts and Internal Thoracic (Mammary) Arteries
9 Coronary Artery Anomalies of Origin and Course
10 Coronary Artery Anomalies of Termination: Fistulae and Arteriovenous Malformations
11 Coronary Artery Aneurysms
12 Coronary Artery Dissections
13 Coronary Ostial and Left Main Stem Lesions, Spasm, and Thrombus
14 Determination of Coronary Calcium
15 Pericardial Diseases
16 Assessment of Native Cardiac Valves
17 Assessment of Prosthetic Heart Valves
18 Assessment of Infective Endocarditis and Valvular Tumors
19 Assessment of Left Ventricular Function, Infarction, Perfusion, and Viability
20 Assessment of Left Ventricular Structural Abnormalities
22 Electrophysiologic Applications of Cardiac CT
23 Cardiac and Paracardiac Masses
24 Simple Congenital Heart Disease
25 Assessment of Complex and Repaired Congenital Heart Disease
26 Aortic Diseases
27 Assessment of Peripheral Vascular Diseases
28 Pulmonary Embolism and Other Pulmonary Artery Lesions
29 Caval Anatomy: Variants and Lesions
30 Noncoronary/Noncardiac Lesions
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2015
- 21st August 2014
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: