- Unique organization begins with an introduction to the basic information and topics pertinent to children of all ages, then divides up the rest of the text by age group to cover the specific changes the child experiences physically, cognitively, emotionally, and socially. In most cases, particular dental issues are discussed only once, at the point in a child’s development at which they are most appropriate.
- Section on children from conception to age three covers conditions such as cleft palate, disturbances in calcification, unusual numbers of teeth, oral habits, caries, and the development of malocclusions that start during these years.
- Chapter on aesthetic restorative dentistry for the adolescent looks at material selection, tooth color and form, diastemas, discolored teeth, bleaching and more.
- Chapter on sport dentistry and mouth protection covers how to evaluate child/adolescent athletes, the different types of mouth protection available, and professional activities in sports dentistry.
- Chapter on the diagnosis of oral lesions and developmental anomalies uses tables and extensive illustrations to depict developmental anomalies, white soft tissue lesions and enlargements, dark soft tissue lesions, ulcerative lesions, radiolucent lesions of bone, mixed radiolucent and radiopaque lesions of bone.
FUNDAMENTALS OF PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
THE PRACTICAL IMPORTANCE OF PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS OF ORAL LESIONS AND DEVELOPMENTAL ANOMALIES
Catherine M. Flaitz
ANOMALIES OF THE DEVELOPING DENTITION
Clifton O. Dummett, Jr., S. Thikkurissy
ORAL AND DENTAL CARE OF LOCAL AND SYSTEMIC DISEASES
Marcio A. da Fonseca
TOPICS IN PEDIATRIC PHYSIOLOGY
Dianne M. McBrien
NONPHARMACOLOGIC ISSUES IN PAIN PERCEPTION AND CONTROL
PAIN PERCEPTION CONTROL
Stephen Wilson, Steven I. Ganzberg
PAIN REACTION CONTROL: SEDATION
Stephen Wilson, Steven Ganzberg
ANTIMICROBIALS IN PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
DENTAL PUBLIC HEALTH ISSUES IN PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
Jonathan D. Shenkin, Homa Amini
CONCEPTION TO AGE THREE
THE DYNAMICS OF CHANGES
Arthur J. Nowak, Jimmy R. Pinkham, Jerry Walker, Clemons A. Full, Steven M. Adair
EXAMINATION, DIAGNOSIS, AND TREATMENT PLANNING OF THE INFANT AND TODDLER
PREVENTION OF DENTAL DISEASE
Tad R. Mabry and Arthur J. Nowak
INTRODUCTION TO DENTAL TRAUMA: MANAGING TRAUMATIC INJURIES IN THE PRIMARY DENTITION
Gideon Holan, Dennis J. McTigue
CONGENITAL GENETIC DISORDERS AND SYNDROMES
Rebecca L. Slayton
THE PRIMARY DENTITION YEARS: THREE TO SIX YEARS
THE DYNAMIC OF CHANGE