- Comprehensive coverage includes foundational theory and the latest on materials and techniques used in today's practice.
- Full-color photographs make it easy to see and distinguish the subtle differences that are necessary to mastering treatment planning.
- More than 2,500 images include a mixture of radiographs, clinical photos, and anatomic or schematic line drawings, showing examples of treatments, techniques, and outcomes.
- Detailed case studies guide you through the decision-making process, showing the consequences of various treatment techniques over time.
- Extensive references cite the latest in orthodontic research, so it's easy to follow up on evidence-based information.
- Authoritative research is provided by a team of three experienced, renowned authors/editors along with a team of worldwide experts.
Part I: Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
1. Diagnosis and Treatment Planning: The Decision-Making Process in Orthodontics
2. Special Considerations in Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
3. Psychological Aspects of Diagnosis and Treatment
4. Craniofacial Imaging in Orthodontics
5. Genetics and Orthodontics
6. The Upper Airway and Craniofacial Morphology
7. Orthodontic Therapy and the Patient with Temporomandibular Disorder
Part II: Tooth Movement: Tissue and Biomechanical Considerations
8. Craniofacial Growth and Development: Evidence-Based Perspectives
9. Tissue Reactions in Orthodontics
10. Bone Physiology, Metabolism, and Biomechanics in Orthodontic Practice
11. Application of Bioengineering to Clinical Orthodontics
12. Biomechanical Considerations with Temporary Anchorage Devices
Part III: Mixed Dentition Diagnosis and Treatment
13. Mixed Dentition Diagnosis and Interceptive Treatment
14. Treatment of Patients in Mixed Dentition
Part IV: Orthodontic Treatment
15. Standard Edgewise: Tweed-Merrifield Philosophy, Treatment Planning, and Treatment
16. Contemporary Straightwire Biomechanics
17. Self-Ligating Brackets: Theory, Practice, and Evidence
18. Lingual Orthodontics with Completely Customized Appliances
19. Clear Aligner Treatment
Part V: Specialized Treatment Considerations
20. Integrating Digital and Robotic Technologies: Three-Dimensional Modeling, Diagnosis, Treatment Planning, and Therapeutics
21. Bonding in Orthodontics
22. Non-Extraction Treatment
23. Periodontal-Orthodontic Interrelationships
24. Adult Interdisciplinary Therapy: Diagnosis and Treatment
25. Surgical Adjuncts to Orthodontics Treatment
26. The Orthodontist's Role in a C