Get everything you need to create and customize effective nursing care plans, now with evidence-based ICNP® diagnoses! Covering the most common medical-surgical nursing diagnoses and clinical problems, Gulanick & Myers’ Nursing Care Plans: Diagnoses, Interventions, and Outcomes, 10th Edition features more than 200 care plans, each reflecting the latest evidence-based guidelines and national and international treatment protocols. It also features highlighted QSEN competencies and a clear differentiation of nursing and collaborative interventions. New to this edition are ICNP® diagnoses, care plans on LGBTQ health issues and on electrolytes and acid-base balance, and a new Online Care Planner that makes it easier than ever to customize care plans. Written by noted educators Meg Gulanick and Judith L. Myers, this #1 care planning book will help you learn to think like a nurse!
- 61 patient problem care plans include the most common/important patient problems, providing the building blocks for you to create your own individualized care plans.
- 164 disorder care plans cover virtually every common medical-surgical condition, organized by body system.
- Patient problem care plan format includes a definition/explanation of the diagnosis, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
- Disorder care plan format covers synonyms for the disorder (for ease in cross referencing), a definition, common related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions for each relevant nursing diagnosis.
- Prioritized care planning guidance internally organizes care plans from "actual" to "risk" diagnoses, from general to specific interventions, and from independent to collaborative/interprofessional interventions, to help you select the most important, priority interventions for your particular patients.
- Using Nursing Care Plans to Individualize and Improve Care
2. Nursing Diagnosis Care Plans
3. Patient Readiness for Health Promotion
4. Care Plans for Clinical Problems
5. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
6. Cardiac and Vascular Care Plans
7. Pulmonary Care Plans
8. Neurological Care Plans
9. Gastrointestinal and Digestive Care Plans
10. Musculoskeletal Care Plans
11. Cancer Care Plans
12. Hematolymphatic, Immunologic, and Oncologic Care Plans
13. Renal and Urinary Tract Care Plans
14. Men's and Women's Health Care Plans
15. Endocrine and Metabolic Care Plans
16. Integumentary Care Plans
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 3rd January 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing, Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
MSN, RN, Formerly Assistant Professor of Nursing, Grand View University, Des Moines, Iowa
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.