Master the fundamentals of medical transcription and meet the challenges of the evolving medical transcription field with Medical Transcription: Techniques and Procedures, 7th Edition. Respected authority Marcy O. Diehl delivers proven, practical training in the skills and technology essential to your success, including proofreading, editing, speech recognition technology, and more. This new edition also reflects an increased emphasis on medical editing and other related fields to keep you current with the changing medical transcription profession and fully prepare you for your role in health information management.
- Comprehensive coverage and practical exercises demonstrate fundamental editing/transcription concepts and boost your proficiency in:
- Abbreviations and symbols
- Word endings
- Formation of plural forms
- Exercises and helpful hints enhance your proofreading and editing skills and help you prevent common errors.
- Extensive practice and review exercises on Evolve reinforce your understanding and give you the experience to confidently move into the transcription workforce.
Section 1: Career Role and Responsibilities
1. The Medical Transcription's Career, Including Ethical and Legal Responsibilities
Section 2: Tools of Transcription
2. Equipment and Technology
Section 3: Transcription Guidelines
5. Transcribing Numbers, Figures, and Abbreviations
6. Letter Transcription
7. Proofreading, Making Corrections, and Quality Assurance
8. Using Reference Books: Learn How to Get Help From the Experts
9. Word Endings: Plurals, Nouns, and Adjectives
10. Grammar Review
Section 4: Medical Records and Reports
11. Outpatient Medical Chart Notes and Daily Progress Notes
12. Preparation of a History and Physical Examination Report
13. Preparation of Miscellaneous Medical Reports
Section 5: Correspondence and Business Documents
14. Writing Business Documents: Email, Memos, Agendas, Minutes, and Policies
15. Making the Transition from MT to Speech Recognition Editor
16. Establishing Your Career and Applying for Transcribing Positions
Section 6: Appendices
A: Answers to Tests
B: Reference Materials
C: Medical Documents
D. Rules and Helpful Hints for Transcribing
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 2nd March 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Emeritus, Medical Transcriptionist Specialist Curriculum, Grossmont Community College, El Cajon, California
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.