- Brings cutting-edge information on all exotic species together in one convenient resource.
- Offers essential strategies for preparing your staff to properly handle and treat exotic patients.
- Features an entire chapter on equipping your practice to accommodate exotic species, including the necessary equipment for housing, diagnostics, pathology, surgery, and therapeutics.
- Provides life-saving information on CPR, drugs, and supportive care for exotic animals in distress.
- Discusses wildlife rehabilitation, with valuable information on laws and regulations, establishing licensure, orphan care, and emergency care.
- Includes an entire chapter devoted to the emergency management of North American wildlife.
- Offers expert guidance on treating exotics for practitioners who may not be experienced in exotic pet care.
2. Preparing Your Hospital for Exotics
12. Mice and rats
15. Hamsters and gerbils
17. Guinea Pigs
19. North American Wildlife