Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Section 1: Introduction to magnetism
1. Short history overview of magnetism and magnetic materials
2. Basics of magnetism and magnetic materials
Section 2: Well-established technologies: Development and perspectives
3. Magnetic resonance tomography
4. SQUID systems for bio magnetic imaging: magnetoencephalography (MEG) and magnetocardiography (MCG)
5. Magnetic navigation systems (MNS)
6. Magnetic cell separation
Section 3. Technologies recently released to the market
7. Magnetic fluid hyperthermia
8. Magnetic tracking and positioning in medicine/magnetically driven medical devices
Section 4. Technologies under development
9. Magnetic nanoparticles and nanoobjects used for medical applications
10. Local drug delivery based on impact of magnetic field
11. Magnetocaloric effect (MCE) for medical applications
12. Medical applications of magnetorheological fluids
13. Magnetic brain stimulation
14. Detecting malaria with magnets
15. Magnetic particle imaging
16. Biosensors Using Magnetics
17. Magnetotherapy in physiotherapy: Novel results
Section 5. Commercial aspects of the use of magnetic technology in medicine
18. Global market of “magnetic” medicine: Commercial possibilities
19. Magnetic technology for patients
The study of electromagnetic fields in the treatment of various diseases is not a new one; however, we are still learning how magnetic fields impact the human body and its organs. Many novel magnetic materials and technologies have emerged that could potentially transform medicine. Magnetic Materials and Technologies for Medical Applications explores these current and emerging technologies. Beginning with foundational knowledge on the basics of magnetism, the book then details the new materials, approaches and methods used in the creation of novel magnetic materials. Discussions of current technologies and emerging applications, as well as the commercial aspects of introducing new technologies to the field.
Magnetic Materials and Technologies for Medical Applications serves as an excellent introduction for early career researchers or a reference to more experienced researchers who wish to stay abreast of current trends and emerging technologies in the field. The book could also be used by clinicians working in medicine and companies interested in establishing new medical technologies.
- Outlines the basics of magnetism for enhanced understanding of its applications in medicine
- Covers novel magnetic devices as well as technologies still under development, including magnetic brain stimulation, biosensors, and nanoparticles for drug delivery
- Explores commercial opportunities and obstacles to market entry for new magnetic materials technologies for the medical field
Materials scientists and engineers working in academia and research. Clinicians working in medicine and companies working to establish new technologies for the medical field, including start-ups
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st November 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Alexander Tishin is a professor at M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, a founder of the AMT&C Group, and the Vice President of the Magnetic Society of Russia (MAGO). He is also a member of a working group developing a strategy for the scientific and technological development of the Russian Federation for the long term, a member of the Supervisory Board of the Troitsk Innovative Territorial Cluster, and a member of several organizing committees of scientific and technological conferences. Dr. Tishin is author and co-author of 2 books, 3 book chapters, and more than 200 scientific publications in refereed journals and 48 patents.
Professor, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, founder, AMT&C Group; Vice President, Magnetic Society of Russia (MAGO)
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.