Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Biomechanics for joint replacement
2. Tribology in joint replacement
3. Metals for joint replacement
4. Ceramics for joint replacement
5. Pyrocarbon for joint replacement
6. Joint bearing surfaces and replacement joint design
7. Cementless fixation techniques and challenges in joint replacement
8. Acrylic cements for bone fixation in joint replacement
9. The healing response to implants used in joint replacement
10. Biological causes of prosthetic joint failure
11. Failure mechanisms in joint replacement
12. Tribology and corrosion in hip joint replacements: Materials and engineering
13. Imaging of joint prostheses
14. Hip replacement: Clinical perspectives
15. Knee replacement: Clinical perspectives
16. Ankle joint replacement: Clinical perspectives
17. Engineering aspects in shoulder joint replacement
18. Elbow arthroplasty
19. Small joint arthroplasty of the extremities
20. Intervertebral disc joint replacement technology
21. Temporomandibular joint replacement
The third edition of Joint Replacement Technology provides a thoroughly updated review of recent developments in joint replacement technology. Joint replacement is a standard treatment for joint degradation and has improved the quality of life of millions of patients. Collaboration between clinicians and researchers is critical to its continued success and to meet the rising expectations of patients and surgeons.
This edition covers a range of updated and new content, ranging from chapters on materials analysis and selection, to methodologies and techniques used for joint replacement and clinical challenges of replacing specific joints. Key topics include tribological considerations and experiments; challenges in joint bearing surfaces; cementless fixation techniques; healing responses to implants. Clinical challenges and perspectives are covered with the aid of case studies.
Thanks to its widespread collaboration and international contributors, Joint Replacement Technology, Third Edition is useful for materials scientists and engineers in both academia and the biomedical industry. Chemists, clinicians, and other researchers in this area will also find this text invaluable.
- This third edition provides an updated comprehensive review of recent developments in joint replacement technology.
- Reviews a range of specific joints, biological and mechanical issues and fixation techniques.
- Includes revised and new content, such as sections on regulatory affairs, AI techniques and 3D printing.
Materials scientists and biomedical engineers in academia and research, interested in developing optimal materials for tissue engineering of bone/ joint tissue
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st July 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Peter A. Revell is Emeritus Professor at University College London. Formerly Professor of Histopathology at the Royal Free and University College Medical School, he is a past President of the European Society of Biomaterials. Professor Revell is a Fellow both of The Royal College of Pathologists and the International Union of Societies for Biomaterials Science and Engineering.
Emeritus Professor, University College London, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.