Part 1: Introduction.
1. Overview of the economics of arts an culture (V. Ginsburgh, David Throsby).
Part 2: History.
2. Art and culture in the history of economic thought (C. Goodwin).
3. The history of art markets (N. De Marchi, H. van Miegroet).
4. The evolution of music markets (F.M. Scherer).
Part 3: Value.
5. Defining cultural and artistic goods (R. McCain).
6. Value and the valuation of art in economic and aesthetic theory (M. Hutter, R. Shusterman).
Part 4: Legal Issues.
7. The economic analysis of art law (W. Landes).
8. Copies of artworks. The case of paintings and prints (F. Benhamou, V. Ginsburgh).
9. Copyright, arts and the internet (P. Legros).
10. Censorship versus freedom of expression in the arts speech (T-J. Chiang, R. Posner).
Part 5: Culture and the Economy.
11. On arts economics and the new economy (W. Baumol).
12. Culture and economic performance (M. Casson).
13. Culture and economic development (P. Streeten).
Part 6: Consumption and Production.
14. Empirical studies of demand for the arts (B. Seaman).
15. Nonprofit firms in the performing arts (A. Brooks).
16. Creativity and the behaviour of artists (T. Bryant, D. Throsby).
Part 7: Cultural Industries.
17. Organisation of arts and entertainment industries (R. Caves).
18. The media and advertising: A tale of two-sided markets (S. Anderson, J. Gabszewicz).
19. The movies (A. de Vany).
20. Rockonomics: The economics of popular music (A. Krueger, M. Connolly).
21. The economics of books (M. Canoy, F. van der Ploeg, Jan van Ours).
Part 8: Labor Markets.
22. Artistic labour markets. Contingent work, excess supply and occupational risk management (P-M. Menger).
23. Artists' careers and labor markets (N. Alper, G. Wassall).
24. Human c