Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Coffee Processing By-Products: Sustainable Applications presents alternative and sustainable solutions for coffee processing by-products and specifies their industrial potential, both as a source for the recovery of bioactive compounds and their reutilization in the pharmaceutical, biotechnological, food, biotechnology, and cosmetic industries, also covering environmental and agronomic applications. This book addresses key topics specific to sustainable management in the coffee industry, placing an emphasis on integrated solutions for the valorization and upgrade of coffee processing by-products, biorefinery, and different techniques for the separation, extraction, recovery and formulation of polyphenols.
- Specifies potential for the use of by-products as a source for the recovery of bioactive compounds and their reutilization in the pharmaceutical, biotechnological, food, biotechnology and cosmetic industries
- Places emphasis on integrated solutions for the valorization and upgrade of coffee processing by-products, biorefinery, and different techniques for the separation, extraction, recovery and formulation of polyphenols
Researchers, specialists, chemical engineers and professionals working in the food and coffee processing industry. New product developers in the food and agricultural industry. Graduate and post-graduate students taking courses in agricultural or food engineering, food waste management, and/or valorization and sustainability
- State of the art in coffee processing by-products
2. The health components of coffee processing by-products
Marjorie A. Jones
3. The biorefinery concept for the industrial valorization of coffee processing by-products
Carlos Ariel Cardona Alzate, Valentina Aristizabal Marulanda and Yessica Chacon Perez
4. Extraction and formulation of bioactive compounds
5. Emerging technologies for the recovery of valuable compounds from coffee processing by-products
6. Applications of recovered bioactive compounds in food products
M.D. del Castillo, A. Iriondo-DeHond, N. Martinez-Saez, B. Fernandez-Gomez, M. Iriondo-DeHond, J.-R. Zhou
7. Applications of recovered bioactive compounds in cosmetics and other products
8. Biotechnological applications of coffee processing by-products
Whasley Ferreira Duarte
9. Environmental applications of coffee processing by-products
Mejdi Jeguirim, Lionel Limousy, Madona Labaki
10. Biochar production from the pyrolysis of exhausted coffee residue
11. Energy applications of coffee processing by-products
Lionel Limousy, Mejdi Jeguirim, Madona Labaki
12. Vermicomposting of spent SCG and CS
Jorge Domínguez and Juan Carlos Sanchez-Hernandez
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2017
- 5th May 2017
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Galanakis is an interdisciplinary scientist. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories (Chania, Greece) and the coordinator of the Food Waste Recovery Group of the ISEKI-Food Association (Vienna, Austria). He serves as an expert evaluator and monitor of international and regional funded programs and proposals, whereas he is an editorial board member and subject editor of Food and Bioproducts Processing and Food Research International. He has edited nine books and published ~100 articles
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.