Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Systems thinking and a value-based definition of sustainability as base for a social enterprise
- Blockchain technology and socially sustainable supply chains – A valuation perspective
- Project selection for sustainable additive manufacturing: A case study
- Does priority sector lending affect profitability? An empirical study on Indian public sector banks
- The momentum for green human resources management
- Factors involved to using of plastic money in the Jangalmahal region of West Bengal – An empirical study
- Paradigms of wisdom economy for manufacturing in a post-pandemic world
- Desertec initiative in Algeria: Challenges and barriers
- Connecting ecological economics, green management, sustainable development, and circular economy: Corporate social responsibility as the synthetic vector
Green Production Engineering and Management is an interdisciplinary collection of the latest advances from academia and industry on the management of production engineering in a green and responsible way. Background theory, methods, tools and techniques, and case study examples are all combined to make a complete guide for researchers, engineers, and managers.
The interdisciplinary approach taken by this book allows a holistic understanding of a complex problem, helping readers with management backgrounds to better appreciate production engineering issues and vice versa. Themes such as social responsibility, green manufacturing, and productivity management are all tackled together, helping the reader see how they are all linked in the industrial environment, and how new advances in one field could lead to benefits in others.
Through the interdisciplinary exchange of principles, strategies, models, methodologies, and applications, this book hopes to uncover new ways to manage, think, and understand organizations, making them more strategic and competitive in the markets where they are or they seek to occupy in the near future.
- Includes case studies from industry, illustrating how the advances discussed can be applied in the real world.
- Covers the environmental regulations relevant to green production and will help readers find better ways to meet them.
- Draws on research from several different disciplines to help readers discover innovative solutions to complex problems.
Researchers and postgraduate students interested in management, technology, and engineering; sustainability managers, human resource managers, consultants and practitioners in green production management.
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2022
- 1st September 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Carolina Machado has lectured in human resource management subjects since 1989 at the University of Minho, Portugal, and has been an Associate Professor there since 2004. Her professional experience and research interests include human resource management, international human resource management, human resource management in SMEs, training and development, change management, and knowledge management. She is Head of the Department of Management and Head of the Human Resource Management Work Group at the University of Minho, as well as the Chief Editor of the 'International Journal of Applied Management Sciences and Engineering' (IJAMSE). She has published several books both as editor and as author, and has had many more book chapters and journal articles published.
Associate Professor, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
J. Paulo Davim is a Full Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Portugal. He has more than 30 years of teaching and research experience in manufacturing, materials, and mechanical engineering. He has also interest in management, engineering education and higher education for sustainability. He has worked as an evaluator of projects for the ERC-European Research Council and other international research agencies as well as and examiner of PhD thesis for many universities in different countries. In addition, he has edited/co-edited more than 150 books and authored/co-authored more than 15 books, 100 book chapters, and 500 articles for journals and conferences. He is the Series Editor of Elsevier’s 'Woodhead Publishing Reviews: Mechanical Engineering Series'.
Full Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.