- Provides fully up-to-date descriptions of the neurological, social, genetic, and psychological factors that affect the individual and society
- Contains more than 240 articles written by domain experts in the field
- Written in an accessible style using terms that an educated layperson can understand
- Of interest to public as well as research libraries with coverage of many important topics, including marital health, divorce, couples therapy, fathers, child custody, day care and day care providers, extended families, and family therapy
Table of Contents
Aging and Mental Health.
Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Body Rhythms/Body Clocks
Borderline Personality Disorder
Brain Development and Plasticity
Chronic Ilness and Mental Health
Food, nutrition and mental health
Guilt and shame
Humour and mental health
Religion, Spirituality, and Mental Health
Sexual Disorders and Dysfunction
Smoking and nicotine
Sport and mental health
... and many more
- No. of pages: 2000
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2015
- Published: August 26, 2015
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780123970459
- eBook ISBN: 9780123977533
About the Editor in Chief
Professor Friedman is an elected Fellow of the Academy of Behavioral Medicine Research, an Elected Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), an elected Fellow of the Society of Behavioral Medicine, and a thrice-elected Fellow of the American Psychological Association. In 2015, he was selected as the Faculty Research Lecturer at the University of California, Riverside, which is “the highest honor that the Academic Senate bestows.”
Dr. Friedman’s research centers around the relations of mental and physical health. He has received research grants from the National Institute of Mental Health, the American Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, the National Science Foundation, and the National Institute on Aging. His wide-ranging interests and integrative orientation served him well in editing this Encyclopedia.
Devoted also to teaching, Professor Friedman has received many teaching awards, including the Elizabeth Hurlock Beckman Award, for “inspiring students to make a difference in the community.” He has also received UC Riverside’s Distinguished Teaching Award and the Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research mentoring.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Encyclopedia of Mental Health"