- Incorporates all of the latest guidelines for providers and patients, written by experts from a wide variety of disciplines involved in transgender patient care.
- Contains outstanding surgical chapters contributed by prominent surgeons who regularly perform these procedures, providing clear guidance on male-to-female and female-to-male surgical options.
- Features high-quality, full-color illustrations throughout.
- Covers key topics in every area of transgender health care, including Mental Health Care for the Adult and for the Child and Adolescent Transgender Patient; Hormone Treatment for the Adult and Adolescent Transgender Patient; Facial Surgery for Transgender Patients; Breast and Genital Surgeries for Transgender Patients; and Primary, Preventive, and Gynecologic Care.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Transgender Medicine
2. Mental Health Care for the Adult Transgender Patient
3. Mental Health Care for the Child and Adolescent Transgender Patient
4. Disorders of Sex Development and Intersex Patients
5. Hormone Treatment for the Adult Transgender Patient
6. Hormone Treatment for the Adolescent Transgender Patient
7. Overview of Surgery for Transgender Patients
8. Facial Surgery for Transgender Patients
9. Breast and Chest Surgery for Transgender Patients
10. Genital Confirmation Surgery for Patients Assigned Male at Birth
11. Genital Confirmation Surgery for Patients Assigned Female at Birth
12. Primary and Preventative Care for Transgender Patients
13. Gynecologic Care for Transgender Patients
14. Hysterectomy for the Transgender Man
- No. of pages: 176
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier 2019
- Published: March 6, 2019
- Imprint: Elsevier
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780323496421
- eBook ISBN: 9780323512268
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Comprehensive Care of the Transgender Patient"