- Invaluable protocols for conservative and postoperative treatment ensure the successful healing of dogs and their return to full mobility.
- Printable medical record forms on the companion website, including client information worksheets, referral forms, orthopedic evaluation forms, and more, can be customized for your veterinary practice.
- Six completely updated chapters on exercising dogs define the basic principles of aquatic and land-based exercise and how they may be applied to dogs, as well as how physical therapy professionals can adapt common "human" exercises to dogs.
- Numerous chapters on therapeutic modalities, including therapeutic lasers, illustrate how physical therapy professionals can adapt common "human" modalities to dogs.
- Physical examination chapters offer comprehensive information on orthopedics, neurology, and rehabilitation.
Section I: Introduction to Physical Rehabilitation
- History of Canine Physical Rehabilitation
- Regulatory and Practice Issues for the Veterinary and Physical Therapy Professions
- Conceptual Overview of Physical Therapy, Veterinary Medicine, and Canine Rehabilitation
- Canine Behavior
- Canine Anatomy
- Tissue Healing: Tendons, Ligaments, Bone, Muscles, and Cartilage
- Responses of Musculoskeletal Tissues to Disuse and Remobilization
- Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Physiology of the Canine Athlete – NEW!
- Orthopedic and Neurologic Examination
- Canine Locomotion Analysis
- The Physical Rehabilitation Evaluation – NEW!
- Assessing and Measuring Outcomes
- Rehabilitating the Painful Patient: Pain Management in Physical Rehabilitation – NEW!
- The Role of Chondroprotectants, Nutraceuticals, and Nutrition in Rehabilitation Nursing Care of the Rehabilitation Patient – NEW!
- Nursing Care of the Rehabilitation Patient – NEW!
- Devices for Ambulation Assistance in Companion Animals – NEW!
- Superficial Thermal Modalities
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Electrical Stimulation – NEW!
- Therapeutic Lasers in Canine Rehabilitation – NEW!
- Applications of Extracorporeal Shock Wave in Small Animal Practice – NEW!
Section II: Basic Science of Veterinary Rehabilitation
Section III: Patient Assessment and Management
Section IV: Therapeutic Modalities