Corresponding to the chapters in Muscolino's Know the Body: Muscle, Bone, and Palpation Essentials, this workbook includes review activities to help you learn and apply muscle, bone, and palpation knowledge. Exercises cover muscle identification plus attachments, actions, stabilization functions, nerve innervation, palpation, and treatment considerations for each of those muscles. There's also a review of bone identification, bony palpation, basic kinesiology terminology, the skeletal system, and muscle function. Exercises range in complexity from simple factual recall to more difficult critical thinking activities.
- Chapter-by-chapter, comprehensive review covers all of the content from the Know the Body textbook to ensure that you are prepared for exams and for practice.
- Photos of joint movements provide a better understanding of movement and range of motion, as compared to simple drawings.
- A wide range of fun, interesting review activities includes structure identification and labeling, coloring, matching, true/false, multiple choice, short answer, crossword puzzle, jumble, and mnemonic fill-in-the-blanks.
- High-level exercises help in developing critical thinking abilities and understanding how to apply muscle, bone, and palpation knowledge in the treatment room.
- Perforated pages make it easy to remove exercises from the workbook and hand in for grading.
- Answers are included at the end of the workbook, to help you pinpoint strengths and identify areas that need further study.
1. Basic Kinesiology Terminology
2. The Skeletal System
3. How Muscles Function
4. How to Palpate
5. Bony Palpation
6. Muscles of the Shoulder Girdle and Arm
7. Muscles of the Forearm and Hand
8. Muscles of the Spine and Rib Cage
9. Muscles of the Head
10. Muscles of the Pelvis and Thigh
11. Muscles of the Leg and Foot
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2012
- 30th March 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Muscolino is a licensed soft-tissue oriented chiropractic physician with a private practice in Stamford, CT. He has been in practice since 1985. He has taught A&P, kinesiology, and musculoskeletal anatomy and pathology courses at SUNY and the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy (CCMT). Dr. Muscolino is also an approved provider by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) for continuing education (CE) credit for massage therapists and bodyworkers and runs numerous advanced study workshops.
Instructor, Purchase College, State University of New York, Purchase, New York; Owner, The Art and Science of Kinesiology, Redding, Connecticut
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.