Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Web Semantics strengthen the description of web resources to exploit them better and make them more meaningful for both humans and machines, thereby contributing to the development of a knowledgeintensive data web. The world is experiencing the movement of concept from data to knowledge and the movement of web from document model to data model. The underlying idea is making the data machine understandable and processable. In the light of these trends, conciliation of Semantic and the Web is of paramount importance for further progress in the area. Web Semantics: Cutting Edge and Future Directions in Healthcare describes the three major components of the study of Semantic Web, namely Representation, Reasoning, and Security with a special focus on the healthcare domain. This book summarizes the trends and current research advances in web semantics, emphasizing the existing tools and techniques, methodologies, and research solutions. It provides easily comprehensible information on Web Semantics including semantics for data and semantics for services.
- Presents a comprehensive examination of the emerging research in areas of the semantic web, including ontological engineering, semantic annotation, reasoning and intelligent processing, semantic search paradigms, semantic web mining, and semantic sentiment analysis
- Helps readers understand key concepts in semantic web applications for biomedical engineering and healthcare, including mapping disparate knowledge bases, security issues, multilingual semantic web, and integrating databases with knowledge bases
- Includes coverage of key application areas of the semantic web, including clinical decision-making, biodiversity science, interactive healthcare, intelligent agent systems, decision support systems, and clinical natural language processing
Graduates, PhD students and lecturers in computer science, biomedical engineering and electrical engineering, as well as scientific researchers in biomedical fields and clinicians
- Semantic Intelligence - An Overview
- Convology: an ontology for conversational agents in digital health
- Conversion between semantic data models: the story so far, and the road ahead
- Semantic interoperability: the future of healthcare
- A knowledge graph of medical institutions in Korea
- Resource description framework based semantic knowledge graph for clinical decision support systems
- Probabilistic, syntactic, and semantic reasoning using MEBN, OWL, and PCFG in healthcare
- The connected electronic health record: a semantic-enabled, flexible, and unified electronic health record
- Ontology-supported rule-based reasoning for emergency management
- Health care cube integrator for health care databases
- Smart mental healthcare systems
- A meaning-aware information search and retrieval framework for healthcare
- Ontology-based intelligent decision support systems: A systematic approach
- Ontology-based decision-making
- A new method for profile identification using ontology-based semantic similarity
- Semantic similarity - based descriptive answer evaluation
- Classification of genetic mutations using ontologies from clinical documents and deep learning
- Security issues for the Semantic Web
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st April 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Sarika Jain graduated from Jawaharlal Nehru University (India) in 2001. Her doctorate is in the field of Knowledge Representation in Artificial Intelligence which was awarded in 2011. She has served in the field of education for over 19 years and is currently working at the National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra (Institute of National Importance), India. Dr. Jain has authored / co-authored over 100 publications including books. Her current research interests include Knowledge Management and Analytics; Semantic Web; Ontological Engineering; and Intelligent Systems. Dr. Jain has supervised two doctoral scholars (5 ongoing) who are now pursuing their post doctorates, one in Spain and the other in Germany. Currently, she is guiding 15 students for their Master’s and Doctoral research work in the area of Knowledge Representation. She is serving as a reviewer for Journals of IEEE, Elsevier, and Springer. She has been involved as a program and steering committee member in many prestigious conferences in India and abroad. She has two research-funded projects: one ongoing project is funded by CRIS TEQUIP-III worth Rs 2.58 lakhs, and the other completed project is funded by DRDO, India worth Rs 40 lakhs. She has also applied for a patent in Nov 2019. Dr. Jain has held various administrative positions at department as well as at institute level in her career like HOD, Hostel Warden, Faculty Incharge of technical and cultural fests, member of Research Degree Committee, and Center Incharge Examinations. Dr. Jain has visited the United Kingdom and Singapore for presenting her research work. She has constantly been supervising DAAD interns from different German universities and many interns from India every summer. She works in collaboration with various researchers across the globe including Germany, Austria, Australia, Malaysia, the United States, Romania and many others. She has organized various challenges, conferences and workshops including NITC, GIAN by MHRD, ISIC, ICSCC, ICACCT, ICECCS, and EWAD. She is a member of IEEE and ACM and a Life Member of Computer Society of India (CSI), International Association of Engineers (IAENG), and the International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT). Dr. Jain is highly interested in world-wide collaborations and seeking scholars and interns in her research group.
Assistant Professor, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana, India
Dr. Vishal Jain is presently working as an Associate Professor at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology, Sharda University, Greater Noida, U. P. India. Before that, he has worked for several years as an Associate Professor at Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and Management (BVICAM), New Delhi. He has more than 14 years of experience in the academics. He obtained Ph.D (CSE), M.Tech (CSE), MBA (HR), MCA, MCP and CCNA. He has more than 370 research citation indices with Google Scholar (h-index score 9 and i-10 index 9). He has authored more than 70 research papers in reputed conferences and journals, including Web of Science and Scopus. He has authored and edited more than 10 books with various reputed publishers, including Springer, Apple Academic Press, CRC, Taylor and Francis Group, Scrivener, Wiley, Emerald and IGI-Global. His research areas include information retrieval, semantic web, ontology engineering, data mining, ad hoc networks, and sensor networks. He received a Young Active Member Award for the year 2012–13 from the Computer Society of India, Best Faculty Award for the year 2017 and Best Researcher Award for the year 2019 from BVICAM, New Delhi.
Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology, Sharda University, Greater Noida, U. P. India
Valentina E. Balas is currently Full Professor in the Department of Automatics and Applied Software at the Faculty of Engineering, “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad, Romania. She holds a Ph.D. in Applied Electronics and Telecommunications from Polytechnic University of Timisoara. Dr. Balas is author of more than 300 research papers in refereed journals and International Conferences. Her research interests are in Intelligent Systems, Fuzzy Control, Soft Computing, Smart Sensors, Information Fusion, Modeling and Simulation.She is the Editor-in Chief to International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms (IJAIP) and to International Journal of Computational Systems Engineering (IJCSysE), member in Editorial Board member of several national and international journals and is evaluator expert for national, international projects and PhD Thesis
Full Professor, Department of Automatics and Applied Software, Faculty of Engineering, "Aurel Vlaicu" University of Arad, Arad, Romania
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.