Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Waste-to-Energy: Multi-criteria Decision Analysis for Sustainability Assessment and Ranking offers a comprehensive view of the technologies and processes for energy generation as a path for waste treatment, presenting all the necessary information and tools for selecting the most sustainable waste-to-energy solution under varying conditions. The book combines methods such as lifecycle assessment, sustainability assessment, multi-criteria decision-making, and multi-objective optimization modes. In addition, it provides an overview of waste-to-energy feedstocks, technologies and implementation, then goes on to investigate the critical factors and key enablers that influence the sustainable development of the waste-to-energy industry.
The book proposes several decision-making methods for the ranking and selection of waste-to-energy scenarios under different levels of certainty and information availability, including multi-criteria, multi-actor and multi-attribute methods. Finally, the book employs lifecycle tools that allow the assessment of economic, environmental and social sustainability of waste-to-energy systems.
- Explores existing and state-of-the-art waste to energy technologies and systems, as well as their feedstock requirements
- Presents a wide perspective of sustainability issues of waste-to-energy technologies, also discussing critical influential factors or key enablers for promoting the sustainable development of waste-to-energy solutions
- Provides multi-dimensional decision-making techniques for choosing the most suitable and sustainable waste-to-energy technologies for different scenarios
Researchers and PhD students in energy engineering and environmental engineering. Energy engineers and consultants working in the field of waste-to-energy
- Waste-to-Energy, Circular Economy, and Sustainability
2. Sustainability Assessment of Waste Management: Methods and Indicators
3. An Overview of Waste-to-Energy: Feedstocks, Technologies and Implementations
4. Success Factors and Policy Implications of Waste-to-Energy based on DEMATEL
5. Multi-criteria Sustainability Assessment of Waste-to-Energy Technologies
6. Life Cycle Multi-Criteria Sustainability Ranking of Waste-to-Energy Technologies based on Life Cycle Thinking and Multi-Criteria Decision-Making Method
7. Multi-Actor Multi-Criteria Decision-Making on Selecting Waste-To-Energy Technologies
8. Multi-Criteria Decision-making on Selecting Waste-To-Energy Technologies under Uncertainties and Incomplete Information
9. Multi-Attribute Decision-making for Sustainability Ranking of Waste-to-Energy technologies based on Hybrid Information: A Generic Framework
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 12th May 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Jingzheng Ren, Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong SAR, P.R. China Dr. Jingzheng Ren is also Adjunct Associate Professor at University of Southern Denmark. His research mainly focuses on operations management for energy, environment, and sustainability, including multicriteria decision-making methods, life cycle sustainability assessment, process system engineering, artificial intelligence and circular economy, etc. He has published more than 140 journal papers, 7 edited books and 30 book chapters. Many of his papers have been selected as the Essential Science Indicators top 1% highly cited papers or identified and highlighted as the Key Scientific Article contributing to the excellence in energy research.
Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.